Curtis Martin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Curtis Martin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Curtis Martin

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:47 pm

Does he have anything left in the tank? Im assuming he will be the starter this year. What are you expecting?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:01 pm

Martin defies logic, the guy never ceases to amaze me. His vision and awareness make up for the speed he has lost over the years. I think he has enough gas in the tank for one more season. I wouldnt want him as my #2 but #3/4 i would take him all day long in a redraft.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:02 pm

Martin is a bargin this season since he can be had late in many drafts. You will have to handcuff with either Houston or Blaylock.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby logan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:09 am

here is a little blurb from fanball on he martin subject from this morning. as was said he has some decent value cause you can get him pretty late. this may help him stay healtheir and fresh but wil most likely curb his overall numbers.

June 22, 2006 11:18 AM ET
Jets: Martin to share the load?
The News
In his first interview with the media, new offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer talked about the Jets offense, including the role of running back Curtis Martin. "It's way too early do decipher if Cutis can do that (continue to carry the ball 300 times per season)," Schottenheimer told the Newark Star-Ledger. "If we have four running backs we think can play, we're going to be flexible enough to play all four."
Our View
Martin, who is coming off minor knee surgery that ended his 2005 season prematurely, is 33 years old and has over 3,500 carries on his treads, including over 300 in eight of his 11 seasons. The Jets previous coach, Herm Edwards, ran C-Mart into the ground nearly every season. Schottenheimer and the Jets have been tight-lipped about, well, everything this offseason, but we're pretty certain Schottenheimer is simply aiming to keep his future Hall of Famer fresh, not indicating that he'll be part of a job share.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby onnestabe » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:14 am

I don't really have an inside information or anything, just a gut feeling that says Cedric Houston will end up being the starter by year-end. I don't see any way that CMart can go the whole year, and with a new coaching staff coming in looking to build something for the future, you would rather go with the young guy (Houston) than the old guy (Blaylock). But like I said, gut feeling.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:47 am

another muddled situation. C-mart should at least be good for a few weeks, but he's not a guy i'd count on for the whole season
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk