Sleeper Alert... Mark Bradley.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sleeper Alert... Mark Bradley....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sleeper Alert... Mark Bradley....

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:51 pm

Currently, I'm taking Bradley with my very last pick in every draft....

He's slipping too far...

My current last three picks:

13.) Atlanta D

14.) Josh Brown - SEA, K

15.) Mark Bradley - WR, CHI

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:58 pm

Bradley certainly has the size and athelticism but is the speed still there? The ACL tear worrys me a bit on a team that isnt pass happy. If Griese was the starter there he may have some more value.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:01 pm

I'm with you all the way Plinds...Just took him in the 18th myself.....He's gonna be the #2 this year and is the future #1 once Moose finally retires.....He looked reasonably good last year as a rookie with Kyle Orton at the helm....This year he'll have either Grossman or Griese....

He is said to be close to 100% by the time training camp rolls around after that ACL tear....[/list]
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:10 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Bradley certainly has the size and athelticism but is the speed still there? The ACL tear worrys me a bit on a team that isnt pass happy. If Griese was the starter there he may have some more value.

I can't possibly count the number of people last year that said, "Steve Smith did play well in the playoffs, but the ankle injury scares me..."

Orthopedic sugery these days is routine... Bradley wins that job, and if Griese QB's, he has 1200 yard potential....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:22 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Bradley certainly has the size and athelticism but is the speed still there? The ACL tear worrys me a bit on a team that isnt pass happy. If Griese was the starter there he may have some more value.

I can't possibly count the number of people last year that said, "Steve Smith did play well in the playoffs, but the ankle injury scares me..."

Orthopedic sugery these days is routine... Bradley wins that job, and if Griese QB's, he has 1200 yard potential....

1200 yards, you are looking for him to take over the #1 spot in Chicago this year? I cant see 1200 yards quite yet from him, not until Muhammad is gone or the Bears turn into a pass first team over the ground attack.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:27 pm

in dynasty, he has some great sleeper value. ive taken him in about 3 dynasty leagues. #1 wide receivers usually put up at minimum decent fantasy numbers, and bradley will be #1 soon. i wouldnt touch him in redraft, but in dynasty, he is a great long term option.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby moonhead » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:28 pm

wow. 2 threads about former sooner WRs?!!! bradley has all the tools. more tools than clayton to succeed in the nfl. his size is better and his speed is better. i will admit i'm curious to see how he returns from the acl. but the bears offense really needs some help. like most of you said if griese is qb this guy could be studly. but i have a feeling that griese will be holding the clipboard until grossman goes down from a crosseyed look he gets from a LB. and given grossman's history, griese could be starting early.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby moochman » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:00 pm

Bradley is worth keeping an eye on, but I have serious doubts about DaBears passing game. Seems too inconsistant. Maybe after the bye when Greasie has had time to get comfortable with the job.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:43 am

i'll pass on the Bears passing game...anyone remember Justin Gage
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:57 am

Justin Gage was a 5th round pick whereas Mark Bradley was a 2nd rounder. Not that its a great indicator but it sort of shows from a potential, or at least an expectation standpoint that Bradley is regarded more highly than Gage was.

But you're right. The Bears passing game isn't anything to shout home about. And with them grinding it out on the ground with Benson/Jones, and with Moose being the likely prime target, Bradley may not have as great as value as some think.

But who knows. Bradley could be the main endzone threat, also if Griese starts, who knows who he'll latch on to. We've seen enough scenarios where a new QB comes into town and suddenly the receiver that was getting all the looks is getting passed over for a different target because the new QB has a better report with the other guy.
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk