Sleeper Alert... Mark Bradley.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sleeper Alert... Mark Bradley....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby onnestabe » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:58 am

moochman wrote:Bradley is worth keeping an eye on, but I have serious doubts about DaBears passing game. Seems too inconsistant. Maybe after the bye when Greasie has had time to get comfortable with the job.

I am targetting Bradley in the late rounds of my drafts this year for exactly this reason. I think Griese will take over the starting job after Grossman slips and breaks his pelvis while making a sandwich, and I can see Griese doing well in Chiacago.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Heimholder » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:00 pm

onnestabe wrote:I am targetting Bradley in the late rounds of my drafts this year for exactly this reason. I think Griese will take over the starting job after Grossman slips and breaks his pelvis while making a sandwich, and I can see Griese doing well in Chiacago.

Actually history would argue that Griese would be the one getting hurt making the sandwich in his driveway, whereas Rex would actually get hurt playing football. Man, to think of it, what a couple of doofuses we have at QB...
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby saundman2000 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:03 pm

As a Bears fan, I must tell you that the only reciever worth a look is Mushin Muhammed and I wouldn't even look at him until the very late rounds.

The Bears are a smashmouth running team and even though they may finally end up with a healthy QB, their run-first philosophy is going to mean few passing yards and passing TD's to share among their WR corps.

Bradley is one of those guys that could be a great fantasy receiver if he were on a different team. He is a great reciever for real and that may translate in to some wins, but not great fantasy stats.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:25 pm

ironman wrote:But you're right. The Bears passing game isn't anything to shout home about. And with them grinding it out on the ground with Benson/Jones, and with Moose being the likely prime target, Bradley may not have as great as value as some think.

That's the thing - I think that Bradley is good enough that he has the potential to push Moose back into a #2 role, especially considering Moose's age. I don't think Bradley is going to be a top 20 WR this year or anything, just that he could become the #1 for the Bears, and if the QB position improves at the same time, you could be looking at a legitimate #2-3 WR for some teams.

I know it's a lot of 'ifs', but for a last round pick, who cares? He has as good a chance of starting as anyone else you would take that late.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:23 pm

saundman2000 wrote:As a Bears fan, I must tell you that the only reciever worth a look is Mushin Muhammed and I wouldn't even look at him until the very late rounds.

The Bears are a smashmouth running team and even though they may finally end up with a healthy QB, their run-first philosophy is going to mean few passing yards and passing TD's to share among their WR corps.

Bradley is one of those guys that could be a great fantasy receiver if he were on a different team. He is a great reciever for real and that may translate in to some wins, but not great fantasy stats.

Umm hello they were run first because Orton was playing QB....
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:44 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Bradley certainly has the size and athelticism but is the speed still there? The ACL tear worrys me a bit on a team that isnt pass happy. If Griese was the starter there he may have some more value.

I can't possibly count the number of people last year that said, "Steve Smith did play well in the playoffs, but the ankle injury scares me..."

Orthopedic sugery these days is routine... Bradley wins that job, and if Griese QB's, he has 1200 yard potential....

I'm one of the people who gets scared by these types of injuries. My dad was an orthopaedic surgeon, and any time someone tears their ACL, he is supposed to need at LEAST a year to get to 100%. That is why I won't touch Daunte Culpepper in a redraft, and I'm very skeptical about Carson Palmer in a redraft. Since you are spending a last round pick on him, it is not a big deal, but I wouldn't expect him to be 100% by the start of the year, even if the team says he is.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:49 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Bradley certainly has the size and athelticism but is the speed still there? The ACL tear worrys me a bit on a team that isnt pass happy. If Griese was the starter there he may have some more value.

I can't possibly count the number of people last year that said, "Steve Smith did play well in the playoffs, but the ankle injury scares me..."

Orthopedic sugery these days is routine... Bradley wins that job, and if Griese QB's, he has 1200 yard potential....

It's very possible. He got hurt in week 4 I believe...

I'm one of the people who gets scared by these types of injuries. My dad was an orthopaedic surgeon, and any time someone tears their ACL, he is supposed to need at LEAST a year to get to 100%. That is why I won't touch Daunte Culpepper in a redraft, and I'm very skeptical about Carson Palmer in a redraft. Since you are spending a last round pick on him, it is not a big deal, but I wouldn't expect him to be 100% by the start of the year, even if the team says he is.
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:16 pm

ROYALWITCHEESE wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

It's very possible. He got hurt in week 4 I believe...

It was week 7

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:44 pm

Mark CLAYTON is the guy I want. I doubt you can get him in the last round though. Mark Bradley is an intriguing dynasty prospect, but it's hard to be high on any Bear's WR, let alone their #2, in a redraft league.

I tend to stay away from players coming off an ACL tear. I'll wait for medical science to prove that ACL is not a 1+ year rehabilitation anymore, before I start drafting guys coming off one.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk