Chester Taylor a bust. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chester Taylor a bust.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby JStein » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:24 pm

I'm sitting in my live draft on round 8 (79 overall) thinking, why is this guy still on the board? I picked him up as my #3 behind Ronnie and LT - 'nuff said. In terms of where he's in, he has Hutch, who did wonders for Seattle and Alexander as well as Richardson, who did wonders for Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson. Brad Johnson isn't a stud (not by a longshot), but he knows how to move the offense. He outclassed Daunte Culpepper last year by miles and miles.
JStein
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:40 pm

I dont care how good his O-Line is, as soon as Taylor proves he can handle a full load I'll love him. But until then I'm not taking my chances. Backup RB going into full time load and he's not exactly the biggest body. I can easily see him busting, fantasy production wise.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:54 pm

SniperShot wrote:I dont care how good his O-Line is, as soon as Taylor proves he can handle a full load I'll love him. But until then I'm not taking my chances. Backup RB going into full time load and he's not exactly the biggest body. I can easily see him busting, fantasy production wise.

While this is true once guys like FWP and Warrick Dunn are gonna i think hes your best option. I would even put him ahead of Deshaun Foster and Ron Dayne.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:39 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
SniperShot wrote:I dont care how good his O-Line is, as soon as Taylor proves he can handle a full load I'll love him. But until then I'm not taking my chances. Backup RB going into full time load and he's not exactly the biggest body. I can easily see him busting, fantasy production wise.

While this is true once guys like FWP and Warrick Dunn are gonna i think hes your best option. I would even put him ahead of Deshaun Foster and Ron Dayne.

Well, the only reason to put him above Foster and Dayne is because of the workload they'll receive compared to a "full time" RB. If Taylor assumes a RBBC or anywhere near it he'll quickly fall behind these guys too.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Doc19 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:22 pm

Is his situation very different from Lamont Jordan heading into his first full season as the OAK RB last year after being behind Curtis Martin so long? Jordan did allright... (would have done better with more touches) :~(

I personally thinkn that Taylor will do quite well in Minnesota, but I agree to some degree his success will revolve around the success of the passing game.
Doc19
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:23 pm

Doc19 wrote:Jordan did allright... (would have done better with more touches) :~(

Jordan got 25 touches a game on a team that had no defense and was generally way behind. Had he not gotten hurt that's 390 over 16 games, and you're complaining? I guess that even the guys that get 400 touches would have better numbers with 800, but come on...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:13 am

Chester Taylor - RB - Vikings

(Rotoworld)
The Vikings have reportedly become increasingly concerned with Chester Taylor's work ethic.
Multiple sources have confirmed Taylor showed up to camp out of shape and that the Vikes' coaching staff has not been pleased with the ex-Raven's work habits. Taylor is still expected to start this season in front of Mewelde Moore, who's recovering from offseason wrist surgery. Jun. 24 - 11:54 pm et
Source: foxsports.com

Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Pjluva10 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:15 am

I totally think he bombs. I have no reason to think otherwise until Minnesota puts out a back even worth thinking about playing in FF
Pjluva10
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:17 am

Kensat30 wrote:Minnesota has one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this season. I could see Chestor Taylor having a Lamont like season this year with the utter lack of other weapons around him. I expect him to catch 40-50+ balls this year, and that alone is enough to make him a solid enough RB#2 without many TDs at all.

Exactly ... with such a crappy WR corps, and with a weak-armed, West Coast QB, Chesty is a pickup with his receptions alone. And the left side of his line is going to be crazy, with Hutch and McKinnie. Add excellent blocking FB Tony Richardson in the mix, and you have a pretty good pickup.

I'm drafting him in the third, depending on who falls.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:05 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Minnesota has one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this season. I could see Chestor Taylor having a Lamont like season this year with the utter lack of other weapons around him. I expect him to catch 40-50+ balls this year, and that alone is enough to make him a solid enough RB#2 without many TDs at all.

Exactly ... with such a crappy WR corps, and with a weak-armed, West Coast QB, Chesty is a pickup with his receptions alone. And the left side of his line is going to be crazy, with Hutch and McKinnie. Add excellent blocking FB Tony Richardson in the mix, and you have a pretty good pickup.

I'm drafting him in the third, depending on who falls.

No thanks. If I'm deciding between CHester Taylor and say... a WR like Randy Moss or Chris Chambers, give me the WR.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk