Chester Taylor a bust. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Chester Taylor a bust.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:16 pm

TBONED wrote:The only situation Taylor does not appeal to me in is a Dynasty league. He may be good for one year or two, but he is not young.(27 YEARS OLD BY THE TIME THE SEASON BEGINDS)

He could be a stud this year in redraft leagues. Just look at the numbers Holmes and LJ put up running with Richardson.


It wasn't all Richardson. I think the KC offensive line, Tony Gonzalez, Trent Green, Dick Vermeil and Al Saunders probably had something to do with LJ and Priests' success. Not saying Richardson isn't a good FB, but let's curb our enthusiasm a skoach, shall we?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby Guru13 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:43 pm

antsports has got him at 3.09, 21st back taken in there ADP, in front of dunn, I would take chester before dunn also, he has a good O-line, and like some other people have said, there really is no competition, last year that may have been the case, but not really this year, he should get plenty of carries, and I would imagine he should get most of the goalline carries as well, Im actually looking at him as my number 2 in a keeper league right now, and I have no problem with that.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:50 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:antsports has got him at 3.09, 21st back taken in there ADP, in front of dunn, I would take chester before dunn also, he has a good O-line, and like some other people have said, there really is no competition, last year that may have been the case, but not really this year, he should get plenty of carries, and I would imagine he should get most of the goalline carries as well, Im actually looking at him as my number 2 in a keeper league right now, and I have no problem with that.


So no one sees Mewelde Moore as competition? Last year he looked pretty good when healthy. He had no offensive line either. I would think that if Taylor struggles, and it sounds like hes not working very hard right now, Moore could get a shot to run behind this very much improved offensive line.
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

Postby CC » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:56 pm

bagobonez wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Minnesota has one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this season. I could see Chestor Taylor having a Lamont like season this year with the utter lack of other weapons around him. I expect him to catch 40-50+ balls this year, and that alone is enough to make him a solid enough RB#2 without many TDs at all.


Exactly ... with such a crappy WR corps, and with a weak-armed, West Coast QB, Chesty is a pickup with his receptions alone. And the left side of his line is going to be crazy, with Hutch and McKinnie. Add excellent blocking FB Tony Richardson in the mix, and you have a pretty good pickup.

I'm drafting him in the third, depending on who falls.


No thanks. If I'm deciding between CHester Taylor and say... a WR like Randy Moss or Chris Chambers, give me the WR.


Hmm starting RB behind a stud offensive line or a solid WR with an injured QB and weak offensive line? Which to choose?
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby JimRome99 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:33 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:antsports has got him at 3.09, 21st back taken in there ADP, in front of dunn, I would take chester before dunn also, he has a good O-line, and like some other people have said, there really is no competition, last year that may have been the case, but not really this year, he should get plenty of carries, and I would imagine he should get most of the goalline carries as well, Im actually looking at him as my number 2 in a keeper league right now, and I have no problem with that.


So no one sees Mewelde Moore as competition? Last year he looked pretty good when healthy. He had no offensive line either. I would think that if Taylor struggles, and it sounds like hes not working very hard right now, Moore could get a shot to run behind this very much improved offensive line.


Yeah I was going to say that. Moore racked 900 yards last year rushing and recieving. And In games which he is given 15 or more caries he averages over 120 yards.
Around the end of last year I thought moore would be starting for the vikes, yet again I though blaylock was going to be what LJ is now.
JimRome99
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 212
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Paradise

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:19 am

Moore is definitely a threat to Taylor, luckily he's not all that expensive to handcuff.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:08 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:antsports has got him at 3.09, 21st back taken in there ADP, in front of dunn, I would take chester before dunn also, he has a good O-line, and like some other people have said, there really is no competition, last year that may have been the case, but not really this year, he should get plenty of carries, and I would imagine he should get most of the goalline carries as well, Im actually looking at him as my number 2 in a keeper league right now, and I have no problem with that.


So no one sees Mewelde Moore as competition? Last year he looked pretty good when healthy. He had no offensive line either. I would think that if Taylor struggles, and it sounds like hes not working very hard right now, Moore could get a shot to run behind this very much improved offensive line.
eh, maybe, but they weren't starting him at the end of the year for obvious reasons, he started out hot, then he just completely fell off, so they started throwing in some other guys, bennet got alot of work near the end of the season, and he isn't there anymore.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ampant » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:46 pm

I don't know my draft position yet, but if Taylor is around in the 4th, I'd think about snagging him, depending on who else was available.

This year's draft is pretty hard to figure out. I am confident that a couple of guys in my draft are going to make some bone-headed decisions like they did last year. Hopefully I'll be able to capitolize on their mistakes.

Really I am praying for the #1, 2, or 3 pick so I can get a stud RB, 2 stud WRs, and a solid #2 RB in the 4th round.
Image
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4938
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: All stressed up with no place to go

Postby teacupwoozy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:43 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Minnesota has one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this season. I could see Chestor Taylor having a Lamont like season this year with the utter lack of other weapons around him. I expect him to catch 40-50+ balls this year, and that alone is enough to make him a solid enough RB#2 without many TDs at all.


Exactly ... with such a crappy WR corps, and with a weak-armed, West Coast QB, Chesty is a pickup with his receptions alone. And the left side of his line is going to be crazy, with Hutch and McKinnie. Add excellent blocking FB Tony Richardson in the mix, and you have a pretty good pickup.

I'm drafting him in the third, depending on who falls.


No thanks. If I'm deciding between CHester Taylor and say... a WR like Randy Moss or Chris Chambers, give me the WR.


Hmm starting RB behind a stud offensive line or a solid WR with an injured QB and weak offensive line? Which to choose?


don't you mean a fat career backup RB behind a good offensive line that has been good for years now and still failed to produce a stellar back?

chester taylor is not the answer, mwelde moore isn't the answer.... fason, who knows, last year was his first year so who knows how he'll turn out... i dont think the vikings will have a quality running back till they do something other and better than toss a 4th round pick or a career backup at the problem...

i appreciate that they brought over mr. eagles to shape things up, but when was the last time the eagles had a reliable running game? westbrook is really just a diminutive wideout... i'm not saying westbrook isn't a good running back its just his electricity comes from his recieving skills on the swing... the best the eagles have had recently was the rotating back system, which doesn't bode well for taylor.

besides have any of you all that have the seeming man-crush on talor seen any ravens games the past 3 years? if so can you point out what you find special about this guy? i see him as one of the most bland runners i have ever seen. he looks like a backup, like marcell shipp comes to mind... i think musa looked more electric then taylor ever did... i honestly would like to know what people find special about him that they could say he is an acceptable number 2....

i mean hey, please keep saying stuff like that, it has led my teams to be stacked at running back because people take weird chances at defenses and wideouts and QB's early because they figure they can grab chester late, but i think its doing people a disservice taking him any higher than the 5th round (i wouldnt touch him until 6 and thats only if i really disliked everything else)
teacupwoozy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 271
Joined: 2 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Turf Toe » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:41 am

Crippler wrote:I didnt have much time to make this decision because Taylor was taken VERY high in my $$$ draft. I took Dunn quite a few picks after Taylor, even though I'm in a yardage heavy league. I dont know what the guy was thinking, but i've already taken a few cheap cracks at the rest of his team ;) poor guy


I think Taylor would do really well in a yardage league. However, in regular leagues, I think he'll be a dud. He's not Redzone material. Baltimore is a run oriented league and he didnt thrive even when he was given the opportunity to. How do you expecting to fare any better in Minnesota, where the passing game a weak, new meld of players? Talor is just another name in Minnesota's RB crap bag. But then again, you can't expect much from this year's Minnesota RB. They probably just wanted a bargain bin RB to use temporarily, because they had no money left after aquiring Hutchinson.
Turf Toe
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 29
Joined: 15 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: cali

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:54 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact