Chester Taylor a bust. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chester Taylor a bust.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby michaelavelli » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:06 am

Turf Toe wrote:
Crippler wrote:I didnt have much time to make this decision because Taylor was taken VERY high in my $$$ draft. I took Dunn quite a few picks after Taylor, even though I'm in a yardage heavy league. I dont know what the guy was thinking, but i've already taken a few cheap cracks at the rest of his team ;) poor guy

I think Taylor would do really well in a yardage league. However, in regular leagues, I think he'll be a dud. He's not Redzone material. Baltimore is a run oriented league and he didnt thrive even when he was given the opportunity to. How do you expecting to fare any better in Minnesota, where the passing game a weak, new meld of players? Talor is just another name in Minnesota's RB crap bag. But then again, you can't expect much from this year's Minnesota RB. They probably just wanted a bargain bin RB to use temporarily, because they had no money left after aquiring Hutchinson.

1. He didn't "thrive" in Baltimore because he was a...backup.

2. I can expect him to fair better in Minnesota because he is a...starter.

3. Taylor did not come at a "bargain"- they actually paid him a lot - sooo, that just flat out doesn't make sense.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby gablefan » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:39 am

michaelavelli wrote:
Turf Toe wrote:
Crippler wrote:3. Taylor did not come at a "bargain"- they actually paid him a lot - sooo, that just flat out doesn't make sense.

And, they Actually Signed Taylor first....
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Billsbacker » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:21 am

Honestly, Taylor looked much better than Lewis last year....but as we all know, the best running back does not always get to start in Minnesota. MeMo should've been the starter from day one last year, but instead owning Minn RB's became an absolute nightmare last year. I do really like Taylor's potential, but coaching and MeMo are serious considerations when drafting him.
Billsbacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Azrael » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:31 am

Billsbacker wrote:Honestly, Taylor looked much better than Lewis last year....but as we all know, the best running back does not always get to start in Minnesota. MeMo should've been the starter from day one last year, but instead owning Minn RB's became an absolute nightmare last year. I do really like Taylor's potential, but coaching and MeMo are serious considerations when drafting him.

Coaching's not a concern for me. Moron Tice isn't there anymore.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Turf Toe » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:06 am

michaelavelli wrote:
Turf Toe wrote:1. He didn't "thrive" in Baltimore because he was a...backup.

2. I can expect him to fair better in Minnesota because he is a...starter.

3. Taylor did not come at a "bargain"- they actually paid him a lot - sooo, that just flat out doesn't make sense.

When I said bargain bin, I meant that Minny got what ever was left or available in the league at the time. They didn't want to waste a draft spots, and dont have any good players to trade for anyone better, so they had to settle for taylor.

About not being a starter, you dont need to be a starter to show how good you are. Jamal Lewis sucked monkey butt last year. It was the year for Taylor to prove himself, but he didn't show any spark, or enough spark to prove that he's any good. There are plenty of BACKUP Rbs in the league that would have been a better pick up. Some examples are Samkon Gado a 3rd string RB, Willie Parker who was a 3rd String RB, Marion Barber who was a 3rd String, Ryan Moats is a backup, Frank Gore is a backup, and the list goes on. There are probably more backups waiting in the shadows this year that are better than Taylor. If your good, your good. Being a backup has nothing to do with it. I think he's a true Backup, not a starter.

I think Minnesota should have drafted a RB as thier first pick. If their Oline is truly as good as everything thinks it is, then they could have thrown a rookie behind it and He would have been better than taylor. A rookie would have more growth potential.
Turf Toe
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk