Sold to the mystery couple! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Sold to the mystery couple!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sold to the mystery couple!

Postby mysticphysh » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:38 am

Sooo...after a month of getting my house ready to put on the market, it sold in less than a week. :-o

I met with my agent for the first time Monday before last, she had it listed on the MLS on Tuesday. A couple walked through on saturday. Put in an offer on Sunday, which we countered that night. They recountered monday morning and we excepted.

Its about $1000 less than I'd really have liked, but its above the figure I had in my head as the lowest price I'd except. I probably could have countered agian because there was other interest in the house...people were still looking at it even tho we had an offer on the table, but I'm ready to pack up the rest of my crap and join my family who has already moved to where we're going.

As for the mystery couple. I haven't met them yet. I was out of the house when they walked through, but apparently they live in Flordia (I'm in south GA) and they speak very little english. :-?
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:23 am

little english huh.....ouch that sucks for the neighbors
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:45 am

I sold my home a year ago and never laid eyes on the people. We weren't there when they visited and they signed all the papers via mail. Was kinda an odd experience.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:05 am

well, congrats on the sale. don't know what to say about everything else in the story.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:13 am

You should leave your INS badge and uniform behind just to freak them out. :-b

Congrats on the sale. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:15 pm

Probably better that way. Then you don't have to look at the people who will be destroying the house you made memories in. When they paint it that hideous avocado green and gold on the interior, and some disgusting pale pink on the outside, and wipe away all that you did there, you won't have a face to associate it with. No face that you will want to smash in with your bootheel for wrecking the house you put so much into.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:28 pm

I dont think its customary for the old and new owner to meet is it? I've bought many homes and only once did I meet the owners. They wanted to be there so they could show me all the little thngs that made the house special. They were very proud of the home and I live there to this day.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby onnestabe » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:33 pm

Congrats on the sale. It's probably better you went ahead and sold it. I know $1,000 is nothing to sneeze at, but you wouldn't want to have to wait a month (continuing to pay bills and mortgage payments) for the extra $1,000.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby citybirds27 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:56 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Probably better that way. Then you don't have to look at the people who will be destroying the house you made memories in. When they paint it that hideous avocado green and gold on the interior, and some disgusting pale pink on the outside, and wipe away all that you did there, you won't have a face to associate it with. No face that you will want to smash in with your bootheel for wrecking the house you put so much into.

WOW, ever gone throught this yourself?
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:23 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:I dont think its customary for the old and new owner to meet is it? I've bought many homes and only once did I meet the owners. They wanted to be there so they could show me all the little thngs that made the house special. They were very proud of the home and I live there to this day.

i dont know, i met our owners at closing, and i think when we got the keys. they left us a bunch of stuff (patio set, couch, 2 entertainment centers) which was nice becasue we're still young and didnt have much...they also left us an old lawnmower, about 20 cans of paint and some old pesticides though too
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to General Talk