opinions and comments on team!?!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

opinions and comments on team!?!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

opinions and comments on team!?!?

Postby rookie!!! » Sun Aug 25, 2002 5:19 pm

QB T.Green KC
K.Collins NYG
RB E.James INDY
J.Lewis BAL
T.Jones ARI
C.Portis DEN
J.Anderson ??? INDY
WR R.Moss MN
C.Chambers MIA
E. McCafferty DEN
J.Green WASH
J.Galloway DAL
S.Moss NYJ
TE C.Lewis PHIL
K D.Ackers PHIL

any thoughts are opinions would be great thanks!!!
rookie!!!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Sun Aug 25, 2002 6:12 pm

This is the kind of team that's very hard to evaluate. You have a lot of players with question marks - sleepers, stars returning from injuries, etc. - if all the balls bounce your way, this team can dominate. If not, it might be a long season.

Two brief comments:

I like this team a lot more in a league with playoffs than in one without. Guys like James and Lewis could take a few games to return to form. If they're back at 100% by playoff time, you can forget any slow starts.

I'd probably try to trade one or two of your question marks (especially those like Portis who are getting good press now) for ultra-dependable players. If you can lower your risk factor just a little bit while still maintaining the overall quality of this team, you'll be in for a great season.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SolarfluX » Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:51 pm

Wow. You should call your team 'The ACL Boys'...

Very risky team; I'd try to upgrade the WRs, big dropoff in quality after R. Moss.

Trent Green is supposed to be much better than last year, but I'm skeptical, since I had him last year and he bit the big one. Collins is a good backup, and may give you matchup potential. He has been a decent fantasy QB the last few years.

Akers and Lewis are solid picks for K and TE, respectively. Jones is going to be better than most people think, and Portis as well.

Better change J. Anderson to NE... ;)
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk