Jet powered beatle - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Jet powered beatle

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jet powered beatle

Postby houstonherdfan » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:07 am

http://www.ronpatrickstuff.com/

Ran across this when I was looking at the new Darwin Awards stuff
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:51 am

It'd be fun to build and drive, but I would have picked a different car to do this with.

This car attracts crowds better than any '69 Camaro.

:-t
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:54 am

Hahaha, if that is actually for real, that is pretty effing sweet. ;-D

Talk about Turbo Beetles! 8-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:05 am

I have a hard time believing this is real. It looks like this thing will deafen the driver – there would have to be SO many decibels in that car that even helmet/earphones would do nothing to stop you from blowing an eardrum as soon as you fire that thing up. The heat that engine makes would just about fry you, too. It has to be a couple of hundred degrees in there when that thing gets going.

The exhaust cowling looks pretty fake, too. There’s a huge split right down the middle on the bottom – that can’t be right.

I don’t know – this looks really cool and I’m sure the fireball is sweet when he lights that thing up, but I’d have to see it in action to believe that’s real.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:43 am

knapplc wrote:I have a hard time believing this is real. It looks like this thing will deafen the driver – there would have to be SO many decibels in that car that even helmet/earphones would do nothing to stop you from blowing an eardrum as soon as you fire that thing up. The heat that engine makes would just about fry you, too. It has to be a couple of hundred degrees in there when that thing gets going.

The exhaust cowling looks pretty fake, too. There’s a huge split right down the middle on the bottom – that can’t be right.

I don’t know – this looks really cool and I’m sure the fireball is sweet when he lights that thing up, but I’d have to see it in action to believe that’s real.

Man, I found it on the internet of course its real. :-D :-D :-D
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:24 am

All I know... don't tailgate that guy!!
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:31 am

houstonherdfan wrote:
knapplc wrote:I have a hard time believing this is real. It looks like this thing will deafen the driver – there would have to be SO many decibels in that car that even helmet/earphones would do nothing to stop you from blowing an eardrum as soon as you fire that thing up. The heat that engine makes would just about fry you, too. It has to be a couple of hundred degrees in there when that thing gets going.

Man, I found it on the internet of course its real. :-D :-D :-D

Ah! How silly of me to question that! ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk