Who Has Older Brothers? If So, You Are More Likely To Be... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Who Has Older Brothers? If So, You Are More Likely To Be...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:13 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Great, I have 3 older brothers :-b

nice sig

thats classic right there ;-D

good stuff :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:48 am

Alkaholik wrote:
Tiki wrote:I don't see the connections...I have an older brother, and I am not gay. :-?

Need I say more....?
As I said before comedy.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:24 am

lmcjaho wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I actually read something about that a couple years back about the younger or middle sibling being more prone to success than the oldest simply because they grew up having to work harder so, obviously, that corelated to success later.

I'd have to call BS on that one too ORS - most middle siblings get away with murder because the oldest gets to break all the barriers first (like curfew and bedtime growing up - parents are always more lax with the later kids once the oldest has broken down their paranoia) while the youngest gets coddled like crazy as Mama's Last Little Boy etc....

Not saying that middle or youngest siblings CAN'T turn out to be more successful than the oldest but I doubt it is because they had to work harder - if anything they have had the gravy train rolled out for them by the oldest...

I don't believe the article I read, and I'll see if I can find it later, was referring to the parents' relationships with their kids, more the siblings' relationships with each other. An older brother will most likely not 'coddle' his younger brother/sister. It's only a theory I think, though, backed up only by speculative surveys.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:31 pm

Ok, I sort of found what I was looking for. It was a review that I read for a book called The Pecking Order : Which Siblings Succeed and Why by Dalton Conley. He suggested that some siblings may find life easier and/or become more successful simply because of what order they were born in and where they fell.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk