Not it! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Not it!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:55 am

moonhead wrote:there is still 4 square and tether ball. don't forget swings. ;-D

I once jumped off of a swing and landed on my back on the railroad tie boundary. Knocked the air out of me. They rushed me inside and took turns smacking my back. Seemed like it took forever before I could finally exhale. I think all swingsets should be banned from playgrounds. And who hasn't been smacked in the face by a tetherball? Gotta get rid of those too.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:56 am

knapplc wrote:They could just stand in a circle with their hands in their pockets and breathe deeply. That's unlikely to hurt anyone. ;-7

Well, not too deeply.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:58 am

Man, that is just plain sad. I liked to play kickball at recess or touch football or something...if I didn't get to actually play a game during that time it'd be dang boring. Really...what are kids allowed to do now?

You're right on the mark, dream. If all they allow kids to do is sit like mindless zombies and not get out and socialize, how are things going to be when I'm much older?? :-o :,-(
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:12 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:I liked to play kickball at recess

Kickball was awesome. We called it basesoccer.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:14 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
moonhead wrote:there is still 4 square and tether ball. don't forget swings. ;-D

I once jumped off of a swing and landed on my back on the railroad tie boundary. Knocked the air out of me. They rushed me inside and took turns smacking my back. Seemed like it took forever before I could finally exhale. I think all swingsets should be banned from playgrounds. And who hasn't been smacked in the face by a tetherball? Gotta get rid of those too.

Are you forgetting that 4 square is usually played on concrete....do you that you could get a skinned knee if you happen to fall, how could they allow this to go on ;-7 ;-) :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:16 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Man, that is just plain sad. I liked to play kickball at recess or touch football or something...if I didn't get to actually play a game during that time it'd be dang boring. Really...what are kids allowed to do now?

You're right on the mark, dream. If all they allow kids to do is sit like mindless zombies and not get out and socialize, how are things going to be when I'm much older?? :-o :,-(

This is why you can drive down the road and not see kids playing outside. Don't worry, when you pass the dream house in about a year, you will see my kids outside, during the summer and winter, playing tag and everything else under the sun with me ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:34 pm

knapplc wrote:They could just stand in a circle with their hands in their pockets and breathe deeply. That's unlikely to hurt anyone. ;-7

Only if they stand really far apart from each other. You would hate for one of them to fall over and start a domino effect. ;-7
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:49 pm

onnestabe wrote:

Only if they stand really far apart from each other. You would hate for one of them to fall over and start a domino effect. ;-7

I never thought of that!!! Good thing you did - I'll call the school ASAP and alert them of the possible danger!!!!

We should probably also replace the soil on the playground with feather down in case someone actually does fall - they could get dirt under their fingernails!!! :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:51 pm

I think it is probably more because of the potential for lawsuits more than anything else.

I say make all the lawyers stay afrter school.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:57 pm

dumped contact sports such as soccer and touch football.

Wow. :-?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk