Not it! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Not it!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby suppasonic » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:14 pm

You beat me to it GSOE.

Was just gonna quote that exact line and highlight soccer.

How is soccer a contact sport? I hope these kids arent slide tackling.
suppasonic
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:40 pm

suppasonic wrote:You beat me to it GSOE.

Was just gonna quote that exact line and highlight soccer.

How is soccer a contact sport? I hope these kids arent slide tackling.

i blew out both my knees and broke an ankle playing pickup soccer in the school yard. don't tell me it's not a contact sport! (actually i just fell down and started writhing in pain hoping to get a penalty shot.) ;-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:28 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:More evidence that this country is going the wrong way... thank you sham-lawyers, "well intentioned" school administrators, and coddling parents for ruining our youth.

I cringe to think how the next 2 generations of kids turn out. :-[

:-t
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:40 pm

dream_017 wrote:you will see my kids outside, during the summer and winter, playing tag and everything else under the sun with me ;-D

Hell yes, dream! Running through sprinklers, snowball fights, leaf piles, and basketball in the rain. Fun for all seasons. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby TTTBone » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:20 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:I think it is probably more because of the potential for lawsuits more than anything else.

I say make all the lawyers stay afrter school.

Don't blame the lawyers.
It's the friggin' parents who look to solve their problems (and make a cash grab) that are the problem.
We, unfortunately, live in a litigious society where people are looking to the law to solve their littlest problems or to make a run at some easy cash.
Really leaves the schools with no other option.
I have several friends that are teachers or administrators in some of the local school systems, and the threat of litigation is one of their top problems.
Parents will sue at the drop of a hat.
Really binds the hands of what the educators are allowed to do.
You can badmouth lawyers all you want, but they're just doing the job they're hired for; it's the overly litigious people that hire them that are the real problem.
"Sue, sue, sue!!!!"
If you watch any TV, you know there are about 4-5 small claims reality "judge" shows out there, and a large portion of any news channel is devoted to current court cases (not to mention court TV). The law has it place when one is truly wronged, but the incessant influx of court based television seems to have formented a culture where many believe legal action is their first and best recourse to any given problem.
It is not always the best solution.
"Jimmy" is getting picked on during gym class or suffers an injury during recess... Talk to the school represenatives, come up with a plan to aleviate the situation.

Here's a rule to live by:
Litigation should be the last resort in any series of actions taken to come up with a viable solution to almost any problematic situation.

In far to many people's minds, it seems to be the first option.

Just my humble opinion.
So, does that qualify as a rant?
:-b
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:40 pm

TTTBone wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:I think it is probably more because of the potential for lawsuits more than anything else.

I say make all the lawyers stay afrter school.

Don't blame the lawyers.
It's the friggin' parents who look to solve their problems (and make a cash grab) that are the problem.
We, unfortunately, live in a litigious society where people are looking to the law to solve their littlest problems or to make a run at some easy cash.
Really leaves the schools with no other option.
I have several friends that are teachers or administrators in some of the local school systems, and the threat of litigation is one of their top problems.
Parents will sue at the drop of a hat.
Really binds the hands of what the educators are allowed to do.

You can badmouth lawyers all you want, but they're just doing the job they're hired for; it's the overly litigious people that hire them that are the real problem.
"Sue, sue, sue!!!!"
If you watch any TV, you know there are about 4-5 small claims reality "judge" shows out there, and a large portion of any news channel is devoted to current court cases (not to mention court TV). The law has it place when one is truly wronged, but the incessant influx of court based television seems to have formented a culture where many believe legal action is their first and best recourse to any given problem.
It is not always the best solution.
"Jimmy" is getting picked on during gym class or suffers an injury during recess... Talk to the school represenatives, come up with a plan to aleviate the situation.

Here's a rule to live by:
Litigation should be the last resort in any series of actions taken to come up with a viable solution to almost any problematic situation.

In far to many people's minds, it seems to be the first option.

Just my humble opinion.
So, does that qualify as a rant?
:-b

Great points TTT. ;-D

I definitely agree. It started with the parents. My 6-year old is studying Tae Kwon Do. I will never hesitate to stick my neck out there for him, but I understand what discipline is. His instructors can get downright tough on these kids, some would consider them 'mean', but it's part of the training to attain a common goal within the class. A parent trusts instructors/teachers to teach their children numerous lessons, not least of which is academic. If you, as a parent, don't trust these people to do the job that you pay them to do, teach them yourself.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:44 pm

onnestabe wrote:Next month: No more books in school. Kids can drop them on their toes, or shut their fingers in the books, thereby hurting themselves. We have to make the safety of the children our highest concern - even higher than teaching them to live their lives. :-t

They already try to ban books in schools.

This is seriously ludacris. Dodgeball? Tag? TOUCH Football? This is stuff I craved for in elementary school. Get away from all that school junk and learning. I just don't understand. It makes me wonder that the people that are actually doing this had NO friends in school. Losers :-t
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:03 am

WickedSmaat wrote:They already try to ban books in schools.

This is seriously ludacris.

Nah, sounds more Snoop Dogg or EMINEM to me than Ludacris.... OOOHHHHH - you meant ludicrous... ;-7
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Tiki » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:59 am

Doesn't make any sense to me. They complain kids are getting fatter and now they limit they're exercise ;-7 yeah that's real smart. I'll have you all know today we played freeze tag in this summer school thing I help out at. Kids fell and get scraped, but they didn't die. Don't these people know that kids need this stuff? It's like baby puppies they attack eachother all in good fun, it's a game. Samething when kids play tag or two hand touch football, there may be some pushing and maybe a kick, but when recess is over most likely so is the fued, best friends once again. These "educated" people are more stupid than Anna Nicole Smith, I bet she could run a f'in school better.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:37 am

Oh man back in elementry school i got a nasty twisted ankle falling off the monkey bars...they gotta get rid of those too....

I'm so tired of all of this stuff, last year in 10th grade gym they wouldnt even let us play dodgeball because someone could get hurt
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk