2006 All Sleeper Team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2006 All Sleeper Team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby michaelavelli » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:43 pm

terpfan wrote:Hmm.. maybe Im jsut blanking out but I thought Mawae was allready gone /not playing last season. Fabini, eh... But yeah I see your point. The OL isnt really the main point anyway, its the fact that he is almost always the last starting RB drafted, and he's going after a handful of RBBC backs as well.

Fair enough - I don't have a problem with the sleeper pick, I just see comments about the Jets upgraded O-line a lot, and it just strikes me as a bit overrated.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:43 pm

Just a couple of mine off the top of my head, that i am sure everyone has listed already..

QB:
Drew Bledsoe
Phillip Rivers
Daunte Culpepper
Aaron Brookes (yea, i put him here)

RB:
Joseph Addai
Ahman Green
Cedric Benson
Marion Barber III
DeAngelo Williams

WR:
Reggie Wayne (not a sleeper, more that he will break the top 10 for Wr's this year)
Roy Williams
Andre Johnson
Nate Burleson
Koren Robinson
Matt Jones
Michael Clayton

TE:
Ben Watson
KW II (possibly if they split him at WR too)

DEF:
Seattle D
Dallas D
Atlanta D
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Larmondra » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:15 pm

QB: Kurt Warner - still has that arm now with ultimate weapons
RB: Chester Taylor
RB: Westbrook now healthy and the only option
WR: Javon Walker
WR: Brandon Lloyd
WR: Lee Evans
Larmondra
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby michaelavelli » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:25 pm

I'm going DEEP sleeper - maybe more keeper/dynasty type sleepers.

QB - Andrew Walter - when the Raiders inevitably fall out of contention, watch for Walter to get a look. It's not a coincidence the Raiders passed on Leinart (and no, it's not because of Aaron Brooks either)

RB - Cedric Cobbs - Shanahan has been singing this guy's praise all off-season - he wanted to draft him back in '02, but Belichick beat him to it. He didn't work out in New England, barely saw the field, but he was sought after by Belichick and Shanahan - not too bad of an endorsement, huh? He's the same build and running style of Mike Anderson, and all he needs to be the hottest waiver wire pick up in fantasy is for Ron Dayne to FAIL - anyone think that that is highly unlikely?

WR - Greg Jennings - tough to pick a rookie WR as a sleeper, but I like a lot of things that I've heard about this guy, and with neither Ferguson or Gardner stepping up to fill that WR2 spot in GB, Jennings has to be considered a good possibibility to be starting by the end of the season.

TE - Ben Watson - maybe not as deep as the other guys, but I think this guy is about to break out - last year was essentially his rookie season since he was hurt most of his real rookie season, and now he's a 2nd-3rd year WR/TE - he has WR speed (see him run down Champ Bailey?) and excellent hands. With limited options at receiver this season in NE, I think he's going to become a Ben Coates type safety blanket for Tom Brady.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:01 am

michaelavelli wrote:QB - Andrew Walter
RB - Cedric Cobbs

Love these 2. ;-D

I think someone mentioned Jerious Norwood earlier. I like him what I've heard about him too.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Football Talk