Addai? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Addai?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Addai?

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:05 am

Whats with all the hype surronding this guy? I dont understand why he is going so early and IN FRONT of Dominic Rhodes in redraft leagues. Rhodes has proven that he can carry the load when Edge got injured. At best i see Addai splitting carries with Rhodes. What do all you Addai lovers have to say for yourselves?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:07 am

The biggest testament to the Colts' lack of faith in Rhodes is WHERE they took Addai in the draft... They really reached for him in the first round... Teams don't do that unless they think they're getting a potential starter....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:16 am

Rhodes put up 1100 yards in 10 games started in 2001. He was put in on goaline situations this year. It would seem odd that the Colts all of the sudden dont have faith in him. Although it is curious that they picked Addai in the first. I was thinking he was more of a security blanket. Who else do they have behind Rhodes? I still cant believe Rhodes wont get the majority of the carries next year.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:40 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Rhodes put up 1100 yards in 10 games started in 2001. He was put in on goaline situations this year. It would seem odd that the Colts all of the sudden dont have faith in him. Although it is curious that they picked Addai in the first. I was thinking he was more of a security blanket. Who else do they have behind Rhodes? I still cant believe Rhodes wont get the majority of the carries next year.

I agree with you, although I think if you draft Rhodes you HAVE TO handcuff Addai. Unfortunately Addai's going ahead of Rhodes in most drafts, so it's pretty much the other way around. At any rate, I expect Rhodes to start the season and get the majority of the snaps.

If you can get RHodes late in the draft, it's a great pickup because he will start the season and likely put up some numbers. His trade value will be at an all time high. Then you can trade him to the Addai owner or someone else and make out like a bandit before Addai starts taking over (if he does this year)
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:42 am

Addai is bigger, faster and stronger than Rhodes and better able to handle the load as a full time back (Addai is similar in build to Edge, Rhodes is smaller in stature). Also he's probably a better blocker and receiver. And Rhodes hasn't been the same since his knee injury a few years ago. All that seems to point to Addai as the starter, or at least RBBC to start the season with Addai taking over within the first month.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby broken sword » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:03 pm

Addai fits the Colts' starting running back role much better than Rhodes. As stomperrob said, Addai is a polished pass blocker and a decent reciever out of the backfield, which are 2 inportant qualities the Colts look for. Plus the season that Rhodes ran for 1100 yards was also the year the Colts were 6-10. I don't think their coaching staff has much faith in Rhodes, and picking Addai in the 1st round tells me that they really like this guy.
broken sword
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:19 pm

broken sword wrote:Addai fits the Colts' starting running back role much better than Rhodes. As stomperrob said, Addai is a polished pass blocker and a decent reciever out of the backfield, which are 2 inportant qualities the Colts look for. Plus the season that Rhodes ran for 1100 yards was also the year the Colts were 6-10. I don't think their coaching staff has much faith in Rhodes, and picking Addai in the 1st round tells me that they really like this guy.

Exactly, but I don't see Adai starting many games this season. They want him for the long haul, so I think they'll slowly ease him in. Much like one Carson Palmer :-b
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby moonhead » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:21 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:
broken sword wrote:Addai fits the Colts' starting running back role much better than Rhodes. As stomperrob said, Addai is a polished pass blocker and a decent reciever out of the backfield, which are 2 inportant qualities the Colts look for. Plus the season that Rhodes ran for 1100 yards was also the year the Colts were 6-10. I don't think their coaching staff has much faith in Rhodes, and picking Addai in the 1st round tells me that they really like this guy.

Exactly, but I don't see Adai starting many games this season. They want him for the long haul, so I think they'll slowly ease him in. Much like one Carson Palmer :-b

there's quite a difference between starting at tailback and starting at quarterback in the NFL.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:22 pm

in all the drafts i have done so far, Addai goes 2-5 rounds before Rhodes, and i have been a slick rick about it and wait until someone takes addai and then with my next pick i grab Rhodes before they can handcuff him to addai.

i think rhodes will at least start the first 3-4 games, but at some point in the season addai will become the solid starter.

do you guys think this may be the same situation with maroney and the Patriots? Dillon is more of a solid starter than Rhodes, but is about at the end of his career?

who would be the better pick for a re-draft league and get better action this season, Addai or maroney?
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:23 pm

I heard peyton on TV talking about how much he loves addai and how he is going to be a great back for the team.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk