Roddy White - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roddy White

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roddy White

Postby slowride » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:03 pm

Ripped from nfl.com:

Roddy White, WR ATL

News: Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Falcons may have found a go-to receiver for Michael Vick in second-year man Roddy White. White has spent lots of time this offseason working with Vick in Atlanta and the two have clicked. White is also over an ankle injury that limited him in 2005.

Analysis: White has been a breakout candidate all offseason long, so this only helps his case. You can't consider him a No. 1 or even a No. 2 Fantasy WR at this point, though, because he's done very little to prove he belongs there. But for a No. 3 WR, White is outstanding, and he has clear potential to get to around 1,100 receiving yards and six touchdowns. Consider him with a middle- to late-round choice in drafts this summer.

Anyone know much about this guy?
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:31 pm

He has skills, I don't know if you can count on anyone for production with Vick throwing to them.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pjluva10 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:50 pm

He has skills, I don't know if you can count on anyone for production with Vick throwing to them

Agreed, Vick makes it hard to get to excited about White.
Pjluva10
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:02 pm

Vick said it himself, that White and Jenkins were going to be his go-to guys this year... Bad news for Crumpler owners...
The GURU
FantasyGURU802
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:31 am

FantasyGURU802 wrote:Vick said it himself, that White and Jenkins were going to be his go-to guys this year... Bad news for Crumpler owners...

And Vick's idea of a good night passing in 200+ yards. Sure he can make them his go to guys, but I wouldnt be too thrilled until he actually shows he can throw the ball with accuracy, something he's failed to do for the past 6 years. Call me crazy, but the 6th year doesnt seem a like an all important part of a QB's development.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mysticphysh » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:55 am

Wait....I thought Vick was being benched for Shaub this year.... ;-7
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TruNinerFan » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:32 am

I am very excited about Roddy White. I have him in my dynasty league. He has size and speed. With Vicks arm, they should hook up for some long TD"s this year ;-D

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:57 pm

TruNinerFan wrote:I am very excited about Roddy White. I have him in my dynasty league. He has size and speed. With Vicks arm, they should hook up for some long TD"s this year ;-D

Vick does have a really strong arm... Which is why I'm optimistic about White and Jenkins also...
The GURU
FantasyGURU802
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby vickfan07 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:15 am

i may be the only one who is high on this guy.. i like him because he will not get alot of coverage cus of alge and falcons running team .. i think thisisthe year that vick finally figures out the west coast. i think ppl are too harsh on him because yes hes been in the league 5 years i believe 1st year started half games ithink second year best eseason 2800 yards or so like 900 rushing yards 22 td's combined 3rd year broke leg out all year pretty much. 4th year start of new system confused most of the year 5th year aka last year started otu pretty bad in the second half has some mid 200 yard games 1 300 yarder i think this year i expect him to have many 200 yard games couple of 300 yard game... when vick accomplishes this he will by a migraine for defensive cordinatoes cus now u cant simply blitz him so much gotta repect the arm... my opinion is west coast offense is perfect for vicks style cus its 3-5 step drops look around find safey valve if not good enough in vicks case run thats it.... what vick has to do is trust the system... if he doesnt he will go no where i think roddy is good for about 1200 8 touch downs based on vick
vickfan07
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Timbathia » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:02 am

Run-oriented offense + woefully inaccurate QB = ungood fantasy WRs

In the past 2 years Vick has had 7 games over 200 yds passing out of 32 games, and only one of those was over 300.

How on Earth can you get excited about an Atlanta WR, especially when there is another one (Jenkins) who has potential, a great pass-catching TE, and a pass-catching RB that are also fighting for his measly passing numbers?

I am not knocking Vick personally on his effectiveness as a NFL QB, but the dude kills fantasy WRs.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk