Ricky Williams - 2007 and Beyond - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ricky Williams - 2007 and Beyond

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where does Ricky's circus land?

Miami
26%
A different team
49%
Out of the NFL/Retired
26%

Total votes : 39

Postby HomeyJJ » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:41 pm

I don't think he'll be back in the NFL.

When your team is losing, stick by them. Keep believing." - Bo Schembechler
--HERE WE GO LIONS, HERE WE GO!
HomeyJJ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:43 pm

Unless Ricky has a GREAT season this year in the CFL then i dont see him going anywhere but the dolphins next year, i agree with the above statements with him spelling ronnie and them being a tandom although i see ronnie getting 70-80% of the carries thats still enough for ricky to keep ronnie healthy plus put up good numbers. An dif Ricky does have a great year they will either trade him for whatever hes worth or still keep him and have a two headed monster at Running Back.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby vickfan07 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:29 am

i dont know what the penalty is if he get scaught again but someone with his addiction to marajuana just cant give it up i think he might give itup for a year he seems not to have love for the game it seems like he has more love for weed so i see him playing at best one more year plus hes getting too old
vickfan07
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby HomeyJJ » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:07 am

vickfan07 wrote:so i see him playing at best one more year plus hes getting too old

He'll be thirty by time next season rolls around. Let's take a look at how some other fantasy running backs have done the year the were 30 years old.

Tiki Barber when 30: 1,860 yds rushing & 9 rushing TD's. 530 yds receiving, 2 Receiving TD's.

Warrick Dunn when 30: 1,420 yds rushing & 3 rushing TD's. 220 yds receiving, 1 receiving TD.

Curtis Martin when 30: 1,697 yds rushing & 12 rushing TD's. 245 yds receiving, 2 receiving TD's.

Corey Dillon when 30: 1,635 yds rushing & 12 rushing TD's. 105 yds receiving, 1 receiving TD.

Priest Holmes when 30: 1,420 yds rushing & 27 rushing TD's. 190 yds receiving, 1 receiving TD.

If he can lay off the Mary Jane for a while and get back into the league in 2007 he could be in for a good year at the age of 30. Just look at how the above players did when they were 30. . . . .Not to shabby.

When your team is losing, stick by them. Keep believing." - Bo Schembechler
--HERE WE GO LIONS, HERE WE GO!
HomeyJJ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:22 am

HomeyJJ wrote:
vickfan07 wrote:so i see him playing at best one more year plus hes getting too old

He'll be thirty by time next season rolls around. Let's take a look at how some other fantasy running backs have done the year the were 30 years old.

Tiki Barber when 30: 1,860 yds rushing & 9 rushing TD's. 530 yds receiving, 2 Receiving TD's.

Warrick Dunn when 30: 1,420 yds rushing & 3 rushing TD's. 220 yds receiving, 1 receiving TD.

Curtis Martin when 30: 1,697 yds rushing & 12 rushing TD's. 245 yds receiving, 2 receiving TD's.

Corey Dillon when 30: 1,635 yds rushing & 12 rushing TD's. 105 yds receiving, 1 receiving TD.

Priest Holmes when 30: 1,420 yds rushing & 27 rushing TD's. 190 yds receiving, 1 receiving TD.

If he can lay off the Mary Jane for a while and get back into the league in 2007 he could be in for a good year at the age of 30. Just look at how the above players did when they were 30. . . . .Not to shabby.

Way to pick out all the exceptions to the rule. I'm not going to go through all the posts to bring back the information, but it's a well known fact that once a RB hits 30 his ability to perform starts to decline. RBs have the shortest lifespans in the NFL, and Ricky having battered his body, then smoked away his mind apparently, is in no condition to defy the standard. Also, of those guys you mentioned:

Priest - Its pretty safe to assume any RB could've done well that year, there's a reason when he went down halfway through a game the following year Blaylock was able to score 4 rushing TDs. Ricky is not coming back to a situation like that.

C-Mart - He's only 5th or 6th all time in rushing. He's a lock for the hall of fame, which very few players are. There is no comparing Ricky to one of the best RBs ever.

Dunn - Like Priest, he's even explained that he doesn't take hits, he kinda goes with the tackle to avoid punishment. This obviously is gonna add a couple years to your career, and if you can remember Ricky's last featured season, this is not a tactic he employs. Oh, Dunn also had the benefit of the Denver blocking scheme (the o-line coach that implemented it went to ATL). This is the same scheme that made Olandis Gary look like a stud RB, not something Ricky can hope for either.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FF Newbie » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:43 am

Yeah, Ricky's finished because he doesn't "go with the tackle." That's a pretty convincing argument. :-?
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk