Carson Palmers Spot in Your Rankings? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Carson Palmers Spot in Your Rankings?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Carson Palmers Spot in Your Rankings?

Postby LukeW9027 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:56 pm

It looks like Palmers Rehab is going well and will most likely be back for week one.

As of now i really like palmer. he is #2 in my QB rankings only behind manning and slightly ahead of brady.

To me it seems he has the ideal situations. considering the guys around him (CJ, Housh, Rudi, Solid O line) and the stellar numbers he posted in last years season, why wouldnt be the #2-3 QB in all QB Rankings?

Im also having Trouble placing him in my top 50 Players (all positions). I have Manning at 17th.

So... Where do you guys have palmer in your QB rankings and top 50 and why?

The Future is here
LukeW9027
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "In Greek Mythology,The Titans were even greater than the gods" Coach Boone

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:01 pm

I haven't put together my sheet yet, but I will be placing and drafting Palmer as if he will be healthy and ready. He is a top 5 QB and I will draft him accordingly. Even if I have to use my backup for a few weeks at the beginning of the season because he's not ready to go, he'll pay off big once he gets in there. That's a risk I'd be willing to take. I had Palmer on 2 of my 4 teams last year and he's a beast! If he's not ready at the beginning of the season, he will be soon after and he'll win a lot of games down the stretch for whoever takes a chance on snaggin him early.

Right off the top of my head, I imagine I'll be rating him at #2 behind Payton Manning as far as QBs. If you have Manning at #17, then Palmer should be between 18 and say...22 or so.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:03 pm

He slides easily into my #2 QB spot. Quite a bit behind Manning and quite a bid ahead of Brady/Bulger.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:44 pm

Free Bagel wrote:He slides easily into my #2 QB spot. Quite a bit behind Manning and quite a bid ahead of Brady/Bulger.

He's the same for me (except I'm a madman who has McNabb 3rd).
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby louisianacajunsam » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:54 pm

c.palmer = 4th rounder....id rather have a stud rb and then two stud wr's...if i cant get him there, then let it be

mcnabb = 7th qb...behind p.manning, c.palmer, t.brady, m.hasselbeck, m.bulger, and d.bledsoe
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Crimedogg32 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:01 pm

just cross him off your cheatsheets along with the other top QBs they dont offer good value for when they are picked problem solved.
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:48 pm

I hve him ranked right behind Manning. Unless Peyton has another record setting year, Carson will keep pace with him, but cost you 2-3 rounds less of a pick. Those two are above everyone else, and dare I say it, I like Carson every so slightly more than Peyton in dynasty leagues.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Carson Palmers Spot in Your Rankings?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:16 pm

LukeW9027 wrote:As of now i really like palmer. he is #2 in my QB rankings only behind manning and slightly ahead of brady.

exactly. slightly ahead of brady, even though im a pats, fan and just slightly behind manning. the loss of edge could have more of an impact than people realize.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Timbathia » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:36 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:just cross him off your cheatsheets along with the other top QBs they dont offer good value for when they are picked problem solved.

I have to agree that I wont even consider drafting Palmer this year. Peyton may be good value IF he drops far enough, but I am more than happy taking the 8th - 10th QB on the board this year. Someone in every league I will end up playing in will want Palmer before I get the urge to draft him.

And on a side note Crimedogg, the Aussies got ROBBED. Toni should be sitting at home watching the semi-finals.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:10 pm

I think I would have rather had Palmer not healthy to give a care for him. With this healthy stuff the earliest I would draft him would maybe be 5th or 6th but he's more likely go earlier than that.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Next

Return to Football Talk