Randy Moss Weighs In On Oakland QB Situation - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss Weighs In On Oakland QB Situation

Moderator: Football Moderators

Randy Moss Weighs In On Oakland QB Situation

Postby jayday » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:56 am

From Yahoo...

Jun 30 During an appearance on "The Afternoon Blitz" on SIRIUS NFL Radio, Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss discussed playing with new Raiders QB Aaron Brooks. Moss said, "I'm really excited about having Aaron Brooks, a little more mobile than Kerry Collins. Taking nothing away from [free agent QB] Kerry Collins, I enjoyed playing with him and I enjoyed learning from and with him but knowing that the team had to move in another direction, bringing a guy like Aaron brooks in, what he's done in his career thus far and having receivers like Donte Stallworth and Joe Horn down there [in New Orleans], then being able to come and work with me, [WRs] Doug Gabriel, Alvis Whitted, Ronald Curry and Jerry Porter, hopefully that's something he can smile about also."

Jun 30 During an appearance on "The Afternoon Blitz" on SIRIUS NFL Radio, Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss discussed the progress of second-year QB Andrew Walter. Moss said, "My last OTA was a couple weeks ago and he was throwing the ball very well. I like his arm because he has a lot of zip on the ball and that's what I need, personally, in a quarterback, somebody with a fast release that can get the ball to me. Receivers are not really open that long so you need somebody with a strong arm that can get the ball there. I like Andrew Walter. With them taking him last year, everybody was wondering why they took him. We needed somebody who could play on the field and this and that. But with what I've seen, with him being tall, being able to see and read the defense, I like him. I like his upside."

Take from that what you will, but to me it sounds like Randy is liking what he sees from Walter....He's using phrases like the ones I highlighted "what I need personally"....

I've been saying for quite a while that he is a stud waiting to happen and could easily become the best QB from the draft class of 2005.....Should be a great training camp battle in Oakland and don't be surprised if young Mr. Walter is given the reins...

By the way, my owning of Walter in a few of my leagues is in no way creating a bias :-]
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:10 am

Sounds like Randy is just glossing whoever might be QB. I can't see Brooks not being the QB. They will need someone who has escapeability behind that line. Either way, the Raiders will likely be throwing a lot to Moss and Jordan.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mysticphysh » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:05 pm

Brooks will be the starter at the beginning of the season. If their season goes the way it did last year (or Brooks throws too many backward passes to O-linemen) you'll see Walter in there much the way Tuey made it in last year.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:24 pm

That's funny you found this piece Jayday. Cause I found a bootleg interview of Randy Moss talking about his teams quarterbacks.
It goes something like this..........

Q - Randy, what do you think of Aaron Brooks?

RM - "He sucks. But, at least he can run unlike that boozehound Collins."

Q - And what about Andrew Walter?

RM - "Who?"

Source: unknown ;-7
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:23 pm

I also like Walters, and have been high on him for the years upcoming, but i dont think he will have a start this year unless an injury to brooks, or maybe a start or 2 at the end of the season.

If brooks doesnt bring to the table what oakland wants this year i can see walters starting in 07
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:23 pm

Jimboozie wrote:That's funny you found this piece Jayday. Cause I found a bootleg interview of Randy Moss talking about his teams quarterbacks.
It goes something like this..........

Q - Randy, what do you think of Aaron Brooks?

RM - "He sucks. But, at least he can run unlike that boozehound Collins."

Q - And what about Andrew Walter?

RM - "Who?"

Source: unknown ;-7

Funny Stuff ;-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:49 pm

It doesnt matter what Randy thinks, he isnt the coach, and he will play no matter who is throwing to him. So this is pretty much irrelevant.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moonhead » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:51 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:It doesnt matter what Randy thinks, he isnt the coach, and he will play no matter who is throwing to him. So this is pretty much irrelevant.

remind me to buy you a beer.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:46 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:It doesnt matter what Randy thinks, he isnt the coach, and he will play no matter who is throwing to him. So this is pretty much irrelevant.

Let's not forget that last year Moss stated that Collins was the best QB he ever played with. We also know that Randy likes to partake.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Football Talk