Plindsey88's VBD Cheat Sheet - updated 07/05/06 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Plindsey88's VBD Cheat Sheet - updated 07/05/06

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:16 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Dayne in the 100s? That might be a little low too there P..Hard to say, but if he's the #1 guy on paper right now...

When was the last time the preseason number 1 on paper in Denver actually ended up having the most fantasy points at the end of the year?

Portis did it one year...

Before that, I think it was Terrell Davis...

No thank you...

Last year with Anderson. I am not saying top numbers, but 100 people scoring higher? :-?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gablefan » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:21 pm

Lets cut the guy a little slack. He put together some solid rankings. Everyone will disagree with something to an extent. It is easy to be the critic. Hardly anyone does rankings this detailed.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:25 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Dayne in the 100s? That might be a little low too there P..Hard to say, but if he's the #1 guy on paper right now...

When was the last time the preseason number 1 on paper in Denver actually ended up having the most fantasy points at the end of the year?

No thank you...

Last year with Anderson. I am not saying top numbers, but 100 people scoring higher? :-?

I thought it was rather generous... I can see Bush outscoring Dayne this year. I'd rather have Bush on my squad than Dayne... if Dayne becomes the starter in Denver... it is a very sad day for that offense. However, I'm in the camp that Dayne will not become the starter (and I don't have Bell or Dayne targeted in my drafts or on my teams - no Bell wishful thinking here).
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:02 pm

gablefan wrote:Lets cut the guy a little slack. He put together some solid rankings. Everyone will disagree with something to an extent. It is easy to be the critic. Hardly anyone does rankings this detailed.

Not ragging on the guys effort, it's always appreciated, I just felt with those two points I had legitimate questions. Plinds concurred on one, so I'm not so far off. Besides, the other had to do with my home team, which I likely have more insight into than most, and I still believe they will not hand the reigns over to Griese unless Rex cannot play due to injury. Other guys beefs I know nothing about, so it's up to them to defend themselves!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:49 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

No thank you...

Remember back to this time last year... Anderson wasn't the #1... Bell was... Anderson did not become the #1 option in Denver until very late in camp...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:07 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

No thank you...

Remember back to this time last year... Anderson wasn't the #1... Bell was... Anderson did not become the #1 option in Denver until very late in camp...

While it's entirely possible this is the case that's not the way I remember it. I remember a bunch of people "hoping" Bell was the starter but from the beginning of camp Anderson was the starter. They may have run with the 1st team early on but Anderson quickly took over.

Regardless, based on what I've read about Shanahan's appraisal of Bell (and his 12+ carry dropoff) it doesn't seem to me that much will change from last year to this year in terms of how Bell will be used.

-M
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:31 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

No thank you...

Could be P...I don't remember when exactly it was, but does seem to me that I was one of the many that didn't want to believe Anderson was going to beat out Bell for the job...And he did...And from about a month at least before preseason he seemed to have the #1 spot, and didn't let it go.

I mean if Anderson could hold off Bell, I don't really see why Dayne couldn't...It will be interesting to see.

By the way, excellent work..I was just trying to spark up some discussion here. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk