NEW, Exciting FF Game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

NEW, Exciting FF Game

Moderator: Football Moderators

NEW, Exciting FF Game

Postby jaroche6 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:19 pm

Outside of the insane simulators that tend on the side of too much reality, i.e. gamedayritual.com, this will be the most realistic and challenging fantasy football game, and cheapest, on the market. In Fantasy Football League: GM and Coach (FFLGMC), you will serve as the GM and Coach. Most fantasy leagues only provide owners with the ability to draft players and set a basic lineup with basic rules and scoring. In FFLGMC, you will have the ability to choose your team’s tendencies, i.e. whether you’re a passing team or running team, which aspect of the game you want to give more prevalence based upon your roster. You won’t have to worry about last minute injuries, leaving that injured running back in and receiving a fat 0. The scoring system accounts for more prevalent statistics that aren’t found in other games, such as pass efficiency, yards per pass and carry, passes deflected, etc. New positions are added to make this game as close as possible to REAL football, such as Punter and Special Teams performance. Before the season, you’ll participate in an auction to select the talent to build the best possible REALISTIC football team.
Last edited by jaroche6 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jaroche6
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jaroche6 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:49 pm

If you're interested post a reply or email me at mailto:jaroche6@yahoo.com and I'll send you the constitution.

JR
jaroche6
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jaroche6 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:04 am

ROSTER

Through the auction you may obtain an upwards of 35 players and a minimum of 25. The roster size is unlimited.

21-player active roster

Active Roster:

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR, DT, DT, DE, DE, MLB, OLB, OLB, CB, CB, S, S, K, P, ST

AUCTION DRAFT

Our Auction will be held on the league Message Board, and will begin in early August. The date will be determined by how fast everyone gets their entry fee to me.

I will publish a list of all players along with the times and dates they will be put up for Auction. For example on the first release date there will be 50-60 players put up for active bidding (a few players from each position). Then each owner who wishes to acquire a player can place their bid on the Message Board by replying to that player's thread. If nobody ups the bid for 24 hours then that player goes to the high bidder. Each list will not be eligible for bidding until midnight EST. In other words, if the list is set to be released on 8/4 then at 11:59 pm EST on 8/3 the list will open one minute later. If any bids are registered before the list is open, those bids will be deleted by the Commish, and those owners would have to re-bid at the appropriate time.

During the first couple of weeks of the Auction I will wait 3-4 days before releasing the next group of players, however some players may remain active in the bid cycle even after the following group is released. So you must manage your bids well.

There will be NO trades allowed during the Auction.

You will begin the Auction with $200 of salary cap money to spend during the Auction. The minimum bid will be $1, and all bids will be in whole numbers (no fractions), i.e. $1, $2, $3 etc. (Any calculations involving salary cap money that results in a fractional value will be rounded up if the fraction is .5 or greater.)

Penalties: If you bid more than you have remaining in your Salary Cap you will be penalized 2% of your remaining Salary Cap and your offending bid will be ignored (removed) from the active bids. The same penalty will apply if you place 2 or more bids on the table who's sum would exceed your Salary Cap. In that case the latest bid will be revoked, and if necessary further bids will be revoked until the offending owner is back under his (now penalized) Salary Cap. These penalties are in place to make each owner pay attention and not place fake bids on the Message boards.

No team may make a bid for a player it cannot afford. For example, a team with $3 left and two openings on its roster is limited to a maximum bid of $2 for one player.

IN-SEASON

The salary cap DOES NOT apply. The salary cap only is relevant during the auction.
jaroche6
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jaroche6 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:38 am

MONEY POOL

$30 entry fee ($2.50 fee to Commish)

NOTE: Entry fee is still up for debate.

First Round Loser: $30
Runner-up: $60
Winner: $210

LEAGUE SETUP

12-team league (open to more)
3 divisions of 4 teams each
$200 salary cap during the auction

PLAYOFFS

4 teams make the playoffs: 3 division winners and 1 wildcard
weeks 15, 16 and 17

Week 15:

Wildcard vs. Team 1
Team 3 vs. Team 2

Week 16 and 17:

Championship Game

There will be home field advantage in the playoffs, which will be an additional 5 points to the home team.

TIEBREAKERS

1. Overall Record
2. Best Point Differential (Points For – Points Against)
3. Worst Initial Waiver Position

ROSTER

Through the auction you may obtain an upwards of 35 players and a minimum of 25. The roster size is unlimited.

21-player active roster

Active Roster:

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR, DT, DT, DE, DE, MLB, OLB, OLB, CB, CB, S, S, K, P, ST
jaroche6
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jaroche6 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:05 pm

DEPTH CHART

Each Saturday before 12:00 am EST, owners must send me a depth chart with offensive and defensive tendencies. Remember, this changes for Thanksgiving type occurrences! I’ll need the depth charts in the night before the first game. So if the first game is on Thursday, I’ll need your depth chart in on Wednesday night.

Your depth chart should consist of your tendencies (offensive and defensive), including each position, and your free agent order of preference. If a starter gets injured (has no statistical input, i.e. he doesn’t have any touches) he will be replaced with whoever is behind him on your depth chart, if that player is on your depth chart somewhere else, his backup will replace him, and so on, and so forth. For the weekly free agent draft, each team obtains one free agent, you need to provide what position you covet the most, and a list of players (length doesn’t matter) in order of preference. If you don’t obtain the player you covet then I will give you the highest scoring player at that position.

Model:

Offense: 1.3 Pass/0.7 Run
Defense: 1.2 Run/0.8 Pass

QB Eli Manning Mark Brunell
RB Clinton Portis Ahman Green Dominic Rhodes Mike Sellers
WR Marvin Harrison Javon Walker Reggie Wayne Drew Bennett
FLEX Reggie Wayne Drew Bennett Dominic Rhodes Mike Sellers
TE Vernon Davis Jermaine Wiggins
DT Kris Jenkins Pat Williams Warren Sapp
DE Charles Grant Mike Rucker Will Smith
MLB Andra Davis Lemar Marshall
OLB Lavar Arrington Joey Porter Marcus Washington
CB Champ Bailey Shawn Springs Nick Harper
S Adam Archuleta Mike Brown Mike Minter
K Josh Brown FA
P Josh Bidwell
ST ATL

Free Agent Order of Preference: K

John Hall K WAS
Billy Cundiff K DAL
Paul Edinger K MIN

TENDENCIES:

Do you want to pass the ball or run the ball? Based on your roster which would provide for the most success? Or do you just want to play it safe with a balanced attack? Each week you decide how you want to attack! With tendencies, you have the ability to optimize your team’s performance. If you choose to 1.5 Pass and 0.5 Run, the total production of your Passing Offense will be multiplied by 1.5, while the total production of your Rushing Offense will be multiplied by 0.5. You’ll also have the choice to play a 3rd RB or 3rd WR, as the flex position. Do you want to spread it out with 3-wide? Or do you want to pound the ball with a triple-headed running attack?

Passing Offense: QB, WR1, WR2, TE

QB x1
WR1 x1
WR2 x0.75
TE x1

Rushing Offense: RB1, RB2

RB1 x1
RB2 x0.75

Flex Offense: RB3 or WR3

RB3 or WR3 x0.5

Passing Defense: CB, CB, S, S, DE, DE

Rushing Defense: DT, DT, MLB, OLB, OLB

Options:

Pass Heavy 1.5 Pass/0.5 Run, 1.4 Pass/0.6 Run, 1.3 Pass/0.7 Run
Balanced 1.2 Pass/0.8 Run, 1.1 Pass/0.9 Run, 1.0 Pass/1.0 Run, 0.9 Pass/1.1 Run, 0.8 Pass/1.2 Run
Run Heavy 0.7 Pass/1.3 Run, 0.6 Pass/1.4 Pass, 0.5 Pass/1.5 Run
jaroche6
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Classifieds