Outlook on Westbrook? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Outlook on Westbrook?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:26 am

Jedimindtric wrote:In my Mocks I have had to choose between Westy, D. Davis, and guys like Holt, Fitz, Moss, Harrison, and Boldin. My team usually shakes out a bit better taking a wr cause I sweat out the 4th round hoping for C. Taylor, or Droughns or Willie Parker. In a points per rec. league which strategy do you think is better? Is Westy or Davis a better pick then those WRs?

not to be rude, but yes. :-b
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:45 pm

he is definitely an injury risk. But I don't think its that bad really. He was injured last year, and still had the most receiving yards of any runningback. The offensive line should be improved, as should andy's pass happy scheme, reid should run more. Then again, he overthinks IMO, and since the league is expecting him to run more, I wonder if he will counter that with more of the same.

I think westbrook is late second, early third type. I also think his real life value is more than fantasy.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thelimey » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:10 pm

When he plays he'll put up top 8 worthy stats in ppr leagues, unfortunately the chances are he'll miss a couple of games. With that in mind I think he's worth an early-mid 2nd round pick in ppr leagues, but just make sure you have a decent rb behind with or cuff him with Moats.
thelimey
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:24 pm

In a PPR league, I think Westbrook is worth taking a chance on with a late 2nd rounder, and definatley an early 3rd rounder.

But if you draft him, you must take Moats for the handcuff.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Stelly » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:36 am

Where does Westy go in a non-PPR league? I've got a 2.3 pick in a ten teamer...is that too high for him?
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:47 am

I've done mostly PPR leagues since i have been playing FF and Westy and Dom Davis are 2nd rounders, even though they can be a top 5 back in a PPR if healthy i dont see it, i consider westbrook a mid to early 2nd rounder and dom davis a late 2nd, early 3rd, they could both be big payoffs, but these guys just have a bad history of playing 16 games each year.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:50 am

Stelly wrote:Where does Westy go in a non-PPR league? I've got a 2.3 pick in a ten teamer...is that too high for him?

I have yet to see Westy fall beyond 2.07 in any style mock or draft I have been in this year. I dont think that 2.03 is too high for him personally but alot depends who is still there at 2.03 and your style of drafting. I draft Rbs with 2 of my first 3 at least.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:09 pm

Alkaholik wrote:I've done mostly PPR leagues since i have been playing FF and Westy and Dom Davis are 2nd rounders, even though they can be a top 5 back in a PPR if healthy i dont see it, i consider westbrook a mid to early 2nd rounder and dom davis a late 2nd, early 3rd, they could both be big payoffs, but these guys just have a bad history of playing 16 games each year.

If DD were currently healthy, I'd rate him just slightly above Westbrook, but I think that's a very accurate assessment of where their values fall currently.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk