Koren Robinson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Koren Robinson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:57 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:Seriously, I had a dream that I was talking to Koren Robinson on the phone last night. No joke.

I can't recall the conversation except for seeing his name on the caller ID and when I answered I said, "Yo Koren."

I'll try to remember the conversation and update my curious readers.

waiting on the edge of my seat.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby gablefan » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:09 am

Me too!
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:44 am

biju wrote:
"Most recovering alcoholics seek treatment through the years. He's just being more proactive than in the past."

This is very true. I've been in alcohol treatment before and have friends who have been as well. The Blue Book is just a good book to read once in a while, not necessarily because you have a problem. I have a few friends who have been sober for years who still attend meetings.

Of course, I'm a Koren owner, so I hope this is the case. :-o
Last edited by Omaha Red Sox on Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:05 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
biju wrote:
"Most recovering alcoholics seek treatment through the years. He's just being more proactive than in the past."

This is very true. I've been in alcohol treatment before and have friends who have been as well. The Blue Book is just a good book to read once in a while, not necessarily because you have a problem. I have a few friends who have been sober for years who still attend meetings.

It's not clear but it almost sounds like Koren is in an inpatient alcohol rehab program. If so, that's definitely not something most recovering alcoholics do unless they're having trouble.

I doubt he's just reading books and going to AA meetings by the tone of the announcement from his attorney. A lot of recovering alcoholics do those things and very few would refer to them as going back into rehab.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:32 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
biju wrote:

It's not clear but it almost sounds like Koren is in an inpatient alcohol rehab program. If so, that's definitely not something most recovering alcoholics do unless they're having trouble.

I doubt he's just reading books and going to AA meetings by the tone of the announcement from his attorney. A lot of recovering alcoholics do those things and very few would refer to them as going back into rehab.

Stop it GW! I'm trying to stay optimistic! :-# ;-) :-B
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:41 pm

I can't find a link, but on Sirius radio today they reported Robinson said he was not in an inpatient rehab program, just doing some "preventive" classes. They seemed pretty sure about it so maybe all the Koren owners can breath a bit easier. My personal take is I still don't trust him after dropping all those passes in Seattle, but that's just me.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:55 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:I can't find a link, but on Sirius radio today they reported Robinson said he was not in an inpatient rehab program, just doing some "preventive" classes. They seemed pretty sure about it so maybe all the Koren owners can breath a bit easier. My personal take is I still don't trust him after dropping all those passes in Seattle, but that's just me.

Yeah, I heard the same thing. He didn't spend the night or anything, just went in for some counseling.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Football Talk