RANK SJAX, RONNIE B, AND CADILLAC 1-3 !! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

RANK SJAX, RONNIE B, AND CADILLAC 1-3 !!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:35 pm

Sjax
Ronnie
Caddy

Again though....poorly disguised who do I draft question, especially since you also posted it in the draft questions forum...
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby maddog60 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:41 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:Jackson

Ronnie
Caddy


The man speakth the truth. I was high on Ronnie Brown even before Ricky left, but I can't see a single reason to take him over S-Jax.

Jackson is actually younger, and is a more proven commodity, with more experience both in college and the NFL. He's got just as much ability to catch the ball and was able to put up good rushing numbers in Martz's pass all the time system, so his stats should only go up. Both guys are built similarly too.

Can anyone give me a legitimate reason to take Ronnie over S-Jackson?
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cordscords » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:57 pm

maddog60 wrote:Can anyone give me a legitimate reason to take Ronnie over S-Jackson?


I myself like Jackson over Brown, but Ricky is out of the picture and C-Pep is in town. Plus I'm sure a lot of fantasy owners werent too happy about Jacksons second half production.
cordscords
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 532
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ejwild » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:09 pm

I think you are all falling over eachother to agree with yourselves..

Long term I think Caddy is far and away the leader here.

I don' like S-Jax's style of tough running as far as a long career. I think he will burn out fast and hard. His team is also on the downslide...getting old, fast.

Ronnie Brown is good, but I really don't know why you would rank him ahead of Caddy...

Caddy was the starter in Auburn. Caddy is on an up and coming team with a new committment to drafting and developing offensive linemen. He has the speed to take it deep. After this year he'll probably not have Alstott and Pittmann to fight over goal line carries with either. Plus his coach is absolutely obsessed with him. Gruden seems to want Caddy to succeed more than anyone I have ever seen before.

I think y'all are missing out on an obvious top 5 back for the 2007 draft and into the future.

EVERYONE has Rudi, Edge, Ronnie, SJax, etc....ahead of him.

Ask yourself...when was the last time EVERYONE was actually right?

I suggest break away from the POPULAR opinion and look at the facts. If Caddy can shed the injury label...I say he's the man to have out of this group.
It's a great day to play Football.
ejwild
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 180
Joined: 7 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Midwest

Postby cruiz03 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:49 pm

Tampa Bay drafted 2 OL in the first 2 rounds and a blocking TE. They have M. Clayton who is not injured and Galloway. Gruden is very commited to the run and will make Caddy the focus.

I rank then Caddy, SJax and Brown
Keeper Roster:
QB: B. Rothlesburgh, C. Palmer
RB: S. Alexander, L. Johnson,
WR: T. Holt, Burress, M. Clayton, B. Edwards
TE: T. Heap
DT: Steelers

** Superbowl Champion AFFL 2003 & 2005**
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 367
Joined: 14 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RotoDig » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:11 pm

1. Steven Jackson
2. Carnell Williams
3. Ronnie Brown
RotoDig
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

User avatar

Posts: 16
Joined: 8 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MrTwo94 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:20 pm

ejwild wrote:I think you are all falling over eachother to agree with yourselves..

Long term I think Caddy is far and away the leader here.

I don' like S-Jax's style of tough running as far as a long career. I think he will burn out fast and hard. His team is also on the downslide...getting old, fast.

Ronnie Brown is good, but I really don't know why you would rank him ahead of Caddy...

Caddy was the starter in Auburn. Caddy is on an up and coming team with a new committment to drafting and developing offensive linemen. He has the speed to take it deep. After this year he'll probably not have Alstott and Pittmann to fight over goal line carries with either. Plus his coach is absolutely obsessed with him. Gruden seems to want Caddy to succeed more than anyone I have ever seen before.

I think y'all are missing out on an obvious top 5 back for the 2007 draft and into the future.

EVERYONE has Rudi, Edge, Ronnie, SJax, etc....ahead of him.

Ask yourself...when was the last time EVERYONE was actually right?

I suggest break away from the POPULAR opinion and look at the facts. If Caddy can shed the injury label...I say he's the man to have out of this group.


You are overlooking one glaring problem. Gruden also wants Chrissy Simms to succeed just as much as he wants Caddy to succeed. Chris Simms sucks. It is going to be hard to keep defenses honest w/him as your QB.

Also, Caddy didn't look like he could handle the load very well last year. He broke down several times.

Sure they drafted some linemen but we don't know that they're going to pan out. We'll have to wait and see. One thing we know for sure is that he's not going to get goal line carries this year, so this year the rankings are clearly Jackson, Brown, Williams. Long term, it is a crap shoot. Maybe Jackson will burn out earlier but I think Caddy has just as good of a chance of burning out the way Gruden uses him.

But the one point I agree with is the group think comment. Everyone is so scared to budge from the consensus. Tiki and Edge are not in my top 10 and Portis is at the bottom of it. I think Caddy and Portis are in for very similar seasons. If D.Davis can get healthy, that is the pick everyone is going to be kicking themselves over. Look at his 2004 season. I expect better things in 2006 even if he does miss a couple games.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 329
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Houston

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:46 pm

MrTwo94 wrote:
ejwild wrote:I think you are all falling over eachother to agree with yourselves..

Long term I think Caddy is far and away the leader here.

I don' like S-Jax's style of tough running as far as a long career. I think he will burn out fast and hard. His team is also on the downslide...getting old, fast.

Ronnie Brown is good, but I really don't know why you would rank him ahead of Caddy...

Caddy was the starter in Auburn. Caddy is on an up and coming team with a new committment to drafting and developing offensive linemen. He has the speed to take it deep. After this year he'll probably not have Alstott and Pittmann to fight over goal line carries with either. Plus his coach is absolutely obsessed with him. Gruden seems to want Caddy to succeed more than anyone I have ever seen before.

I think y'all are missing out on an obvious top 5 back for the 2007 draft and into the future.

EVERYONE has Rudi, Edge, Ronnie, SJax, etc....ahead of him.

Ask yourself...when was the last time EVERYONE was actually right?

I suggest break away from the POPULAR opinion and look at the facts. If Caddy can shed the injury label...I say he's the man to have out of this group.


You are overlooking one glaring problem. Gruden also wants Chrissy Simms to succeed just as much as he wants Caddy to succeed. Chris Simms sucks. It is going to be hard to keep defenses honest w/him as your QB.

Also, Caddy didn't look like he could handle the load very well last year. He broke down several times.

Sure they drafted some linemen but we don't know that they're going to pan out. We'll have to wait and see. One thing we know for sure is that he's not going to get goal line carries this year, so this year the rankings are clearly Jackson, Brown, Williams. Long term, it is a crap shoot. Maybe Jackson will burn out earlier but I think Caddy has just as good of a chance of burning out the way Gruden uses him.

But the one point I agree with is the group think comment. Everyone is so scared to budge from the consensus. Tiki and Edge are not in my top 10 and Portis is at the bottom of it. I think Caddy and Portis are in for very similar seasons. If D.Davis can get healthy, that is the pick everyone is going to be kicking themselves over. Look at his 2004 season. I expect better things in 2006 even if he does miss a couple games.


What's wrong with consensus??? As Seinfeld would say: "Sometimes the road less travelled is that way for a reason!"
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Postby biju » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:59 pm

Jackson
Brown
Caddy

I was pretty high on Brown this season (but never had him ranked above Jackson) but my buzz is starting to wear off a little. I think he'll be good and could very easily surpass Jackson's numbers this season, but with only a season of shared carries it's tough to predict what a full season will do for him.

He could hit 1,500 yards. He could break down half way through the season a la Caddy 2005. I guess simply to mitigate risk I would go Jackson but I have a feeling in a year the situation may reverse itself.
Image
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5941
Joined: 6 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle - Ballard

Postby The_Dude » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:23 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Sjax
Ronnie
Caddy

Again though....poorly disguised who do I draft question, especially since you also posted it in the draft questions forum...


agreed and agreed.
Image

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3481
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 14 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:25 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact