RANK SJAX, RONNIE B, AND CADILLAC 1-3 !! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RANK SJAX, RONNIE B, AND CADILLAC 1-3 !!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby pitcher » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:26 pm

SJax>>Brown=Caddy
pitcher
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:04 pm

Jackson, Williams, Brown
The GURU
FantasyGURU802
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby michaelavelli » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:20 pm

I think it's funny that people are questioning Caddy's durability when Ronnie has never carried the full load of a feature back...even in college.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moonhead » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:21 pm

michaelavelli wrote:I think it's funny that people are questioning Caddy's durability when Ronnie has never carried the full load of a feature back...even in college.

caddy didn't do it in college either...and he had some success last year, i'd say.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby michaelavelli » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:22 pm

moonhead wrote:
michaelavelli wrote:I think it's funny that people are questioning Caddy's durability when Ronnie has never carried the full load of a feature back...even in college.

caddy didn't do it in college either...and he had some success last year, i'd say.

I'd say he had a great DEAL of success - which is why I don't get why he's ahead of Brown since Brown has never done it.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:39 am

ejwild wrote:I think you are all falling over eachother to agree with yourselves..

Long term I think Caddy is far and away the leader here.

I don' like S-Jax's style of tough running as far as a long career. I think he will burn out fast and hard. His team is also on the downslide...getting old, fast.

Ronnie Brown is good, but I really don't know why you would rank him ahead of Caddy...

Caddy was the starter in Auburn. Caddy is on an up and coming team with a new committment to drafting and developing offensive linemen. He has the speed to take it deep. After this year he'll probably not have Alstott and Pittmann to fight over goal line carries with either. Plus his coach is absolutely obsessed with him. Gruden seems to want Caddy to succeed more than anyone I have ever seen before.

I think y'all are missing out on an obvious top 5 back for the 2007 draft and into the future.

EVERYONE has Rudi, Edge, Ronnie, SJax, etc....ahead of him.

Ask yourself...when was the last time EVERYONE was actually right?

I suggest break away from the POPULAR opinion and look at the facts. If Caddy can shed the injury label...I say he's the man to have out of this group.

This is the big if. I went on record months ago saying I believe Caddy can be a top 5 back this year, if he stays healthy. Still, I have them ranked like this:

R Brown
Caddy
Jax

I think Brown is ready to make his move this year with Ricky out of the way, and I just don't trust Caddy to not miss a few games just yet. Gruden nearly killed the kid last year, so we have to see if he settles down or not. I've never been a fan of S Jax, and still believe his blocking is suspect. If he misses another block this year and injures the QB again, he might be ridin the pine for a while. We already had this discussion awhile back and there were several that agreed, and many that disagreed, so be ready to get hijacked by those instead of getting rankings after this.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Football Talk