Old QBs fighting the reaper? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Old QBs fighting the reaper?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby rotodestroyer » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:57 am

Jake Plummer is the most underrated QB in fantasy football. He passes well and runs well. Now, it's obvious Cutler is their QB of the future, but once the Broncos get rid of Plummer, he'll be picked up by another team immediately and he will carry on under the radar for another 3 or 4 years.

I personally LOVE drafting Plummer around the 4th-5th round. Because he's always there, and he's pretty much always a serviceable choice.
[url=http://www.rotodestroyer.com/]Image[/url]
rotodestroyer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wenchtamer » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:54 am

You draft Jake Plummer in the 4th round?
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Postby terpfan » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:54 am

rotodestroyer wrote:Jake Plummer is the most underrated QB in fantasy football. He passes well and runs well. Now, it's obvious Cutler is their QB of the future, but once the Broncos get rid of Plummer, he'll be picked up by another team immediately and he will carry on under the radar for another 3 or 4 years.

I personally LOVE drafting Plummer around the 4th-5th round. Because he's always there, and he's pretty much always a serviceable choice.

Id think you could get him later than that. Otherwise QBs are going way too high in your league. :-?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:08 am

I think Bledsoe has 2 left in the tank. The 'boys will need to draft a QB next year... so they'll need a vet to start in '07. Tuna retiring will have nothing to do with Bledsoe's desire to play - IMO.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:20 am

I have another for the list :

Rex Grossman. His body is already as old and beaten as McNair's! Oh wait, does it count if you still haven't played a full year yet?

Kidding, kidding...But I agree on Jake...he still has some gas left. If Collins (until now), Bledsoe, Warner, and Brad Johnson have played this long, there will be teams looking to add a vet presence if he doesn't hang in Denver, and he can still get it done for sombody, I assure you.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:24 am

I think that Plummer has a good 3 left in the tank and agree that not all of them will be in Denver. Without looking up his contract I would guess that he would be the starter all this year and next year will have to fight off Cutler in preseason. No way Denver ruins their chances by putting a rookie in when they are a deep playoff team as they sit right now.

Warner -6 games-Hasnt finished a season since 2001
Brunnell-8games, could see him making it through the year this year but I cant see him being there next year. Skins will spend some more dough on a competent back up plan to Campbell in the offseason.

Bledsoe If protected well and TO behaves himself could possibly play the next 2.

Green has shown signs of aging last season and although Croyle may not be ready next season. I cant see Green making it through next year in KC. I could see KC bringing someone else in after this year short term.

Favre-Who knows with him, he could be pressing his luck playing this season. But a true competitor and will still have some good games left in the tank.

Johnson has a great line in front of him so this season should be no problem for him, I cant see him starting next year. Minny will be another looking to bring someone else in for next year.

McNair is another who father time caught up with last year but I could see him sparking the Ravens this year and a good part of next year.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Humpback » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:07 pm

rotodestroyer wrote:Jake Plummer is the most underrated QB in fantasy football. He passes well and runs well. Now, it's obvious Cutler is their QB of the future, but once the Broncos get rid of Plummer, he'll be picked up by another team immediately and he will carry on under the radar for another 3 or 4 years.

I personally LOVE having guys in my league draft Plummer in the 4th-5th round. He's always there for a reason....

I agree he's a little underrated for a fantasy QB, but there's no way he belongs in rounds 4-5. I do think he has 4-5 years left as a starter in the NFL.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Football Talk