How could anyone rate LJ ahead Alexander? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

How could anyone rate LJ ahead Alexander?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: How could anyone rate LJ ahead Alexander?

Postby Heimholder » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:12 pm

Dude_202 wrote:First of all, Larry Johnson did have a monster season last year, but he has yet to carry a full load for a whole year. In his 9 straight 100-yard games, that was in the second half of the season where defenses were tired and he still had fresh legs. Who knows if he can hold up after a full year of starting.


In response I'll quote a stat I busted out a few months ago:

Heimholder wrote:LJ got a third of the carries until Priest got hurt, then took the full load after that, for a total of 336 carries and 33 catches. Shaun Alexander had 370 carries and 15 catches.


That's 16 touches less than Alexander. Not even a full game.

The defenses being tired thing is a pretty far stretch also. The other side of the coin is that the second-half defenses have a whole season to prepare for the KC running attack! Also, LJ's whole supporting cast would be more tired and less effective at blocking & drawing defenders.

Basically it comes down to if you believe the possibility of LJ's stats projecting over a full season is worth sacrificing SA's consistency. I say heck yes!
Image
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 428
Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Kalamazoo

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:52 pm

Juke wrote:Alexander had a monster number of carries last year and is due for an injury.


Why stop there, let me continue on your brilliant thinking....

- TO is due to be named the most classy, graceful, considerate player this season.

- Randy Moss is due to lose his fortune, file for bankruptcy and then be forced to pay his bills by check.

- Michael Vick is due for another STD.

- Peyton Manning and Brett Farve will miss games this year because thier lack of interest for football, because they are DUE for it.

- Clinton Portis is due to come to his next press conference in a clean suit and tie and not be sarcastic or funny one bit.

want me to continue???
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7631
(Past Year: 22)
Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: wherever Jack takes me....

Postby teacupwoozy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:18 pm

no respect to the 49ers being due eh? given how they so readily rolled over, they are very well rested and are due for a killer 12-5 season!!

there should be a sarcasm section in the forums 'cause its the most fun
teacupwoozy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 271
Joined: 2 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ngub12 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:20 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
Juke wrote:Alexander had a monster number of carries last year and is due for an injury.


Why stop there, let me continue on your brilliant thinking....

- TO is due to be named the most classy, graceful, considerate player this season.

- Randy Moss is due to lose his fortune, file for bankruptcy and then be forced to pay his bills by check.

- Michael Vick is due for another STD.

- Peyton Manning and Brett Farve will miss games this year because thier lack of interest for football, because they are DUE for it.

- Clinton Portis is due to come to his next press conference in a clean suit and tie and not be sarcastic or funny one bit.

want me to continue???


absolutley continue. those were hilarious....

i think you got your point across.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 603
Joined: 9 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Buffalo, NY

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:13 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact