better season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

better season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:33 pm

Jackson is NOT hype. Just look at his numbers last year when he was healthy. If he manages not to reinjure himself he's going to put up big numbers, with alot of receptions.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:38 pm

terpfan wrote:Jackson is NOT hype. Just look at his numbers last year when he was healthy. If he manages not to reinjure himself he's going to put up big numbers, with alot of receptions.

Check his playoff stats coming off the injury. Even under enhanced competition, Jackson still proved he was a player to be reckoned with. If I recall correctly, SF and STL didn't make the playoffs in 2005... and still look what he was doing. Also remember the ghost call in the endzone that cost DJ about 20 yards and a TD in the Super Bowl.. Guy misses most of the season to injury and then comes back to a playoff bound team in MVP form.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby My team is injured » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:40 pm

Joeybagadonuts wrote:8tds to me (djax's average over his career) does not a #1 make. Chambers has a much bigger upside. Seattle is run first. Alexander is their star. Miami has an unproven run game. Chambers, right now, is their man. Djax to me isn't any more of a number one reciever than burress. He's a fine #2.

I'm fine with ranking chambers ahead of d-jax.. but I think you're underrating d-jax regardless...

he's obviously not an ideal number 1 but is about the 10th best wr... in a typical 10 or 12 team league, I'd put him as one of the worst 1's or best 2's...

seattle is run first and has been for years, but that didn't stop their wideouts from all being productive when put in the starting lineup last year... and I see no reason for that to change this season

as for plax... he's a decent 2 but I put him a few spots below d-jax... I don't buy into the eli hype (at least for this season) and even if he improves quite a bit, he has a ways to go before he's as consistent as hasselbeck... while the giants pass more than seattle, I have a lot more faith in hass getting d-jax his numbers week to week... the g-men also have a lot more receptions going to their TE and RB than the seahawks though seattle has a more balanced wr unit... getting 0 catches from your number 1 wr in the playoffs isn't overly impressive either..
All of my analysis is based on PPR
My team is injured
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby steelers39 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:23 pm

im gona have to go with chambers here..
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
steelers39
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:53 pm

I would take Chambers this season but agree DJax has the tools to be solid. I like Chambers upside.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk