Todd Pinkston - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Todd Pinkston

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelers39 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:03 pm

I'd consider duce staley.. he should be gettin alot of the goal line carries
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
steelers39
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:21 pm

Has Dee Brown (RB/KC) be picked up? That could be a nice last round steal.

PS- I would rather take Nate Kaeding than Pinkston.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby The_Captain » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:24 pm

What about Vernand Morency? The news out of Houston is Davis' knee is still giving him problems which could bode well for Morency.

Also if you're looking for sleeper WR's - consider Cedrick Wilson (PIT) or Rod Gardner (GB).....just something to think about.

And as far as Pinkston is concerned - maddog got it right - he shouldn't even be wearing a jersey.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:29 pm

Maybe Cihatrick Fason.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:32 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Maybe Cihatrick Fason.

He's already got Mewelde Moore - Fason could be a good pick up if this is a dynasty league.

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:43 pm

The_Captain wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Maybe Cihatrick Fason.

He's already got Mewelde Moore - Fason could be a good pick up if this is a dynasty league.

Yeah I thought about Fason, but figured he'd probably allready been taken. Worth a mention though. ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:36 pm

Todd Pinkton :-b

Now that I've got that out of my system, I'm not going to make a big list b/c a lot of quality late rounders have been mentions.

I like the choices of Betts, Morency, Dee Brown, Cobbs, and especially Mike Williams. Just a hunch but I think the guy is in for a solid year. Even #3 WR quality year. Just a hunch though...
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby krazyjoe8 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:45 pm

I would take Ricky Williams before Todd Stinkston. lol
krazyjoe8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:14 pm

J2thez929 wrote:Todd Pinkton :-b

Now that I've got that out of my system, I'm not going to make a big list b/c a lot of quality late rounders have been mentions.

I like the choices of Betts, Morency, Dee Brown, Cobbs, and especially Mike Williams. Just a hunch but I think the guy is in for a solid year. Even #3 WR quality year. Just a hunch though...

Mike Williams is somewhat of an enigma really - he's got the potential to be a solid WR but he's not making an impression on the DET coaches by showing up overweight and being slack in his committment. I would rather have Charles Rogers over Mike Williams but that's just my preference.

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:19 pm

the thing with pinky is that he is far more valuable in real life than fantasy. Considering his dubious value in real life ...

Actually, some scouting reports are fairly wrong. He is an athlete, he is also just a wussy of the highest order.

He is fast tall, and can catch. However, his wussdom prevents him using his catching ability if someone is anywhere near him. His speed is negated, because he is a wuss and can get knocked down. But, he does have big play ability, however, it usually doesn't transalte to touchdowns, it usually results in a catch or pass interference that puts the eagles in the red zone. He looks like he bulked up a bit this offseason, however, considering the deficiency he had in the first place, I'm not sure it helps much.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk