Game rental mail-service (gamefly, gameznflix, etc) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Game rental mail-service (gamefly, gameznflix, etc)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Game rental mail-service (gamefly, gameznflix, etc)

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:17 pm

There are a lot of games out for the 360 that I wouldn't mind playing through for longer than a week long blockbuster rental period, but not long enough to own. So I recently signed up for a free trial of gameznflix online/mail rental service. I gave them a try because I saw gamefly for $21.95 a month to have two games out at a time, and you could only rent games. Netflix was also $21.95 a month for two out at a time and only movies. So for movies and games I'd have to get both....at $44 a month. Ouch. I've also heard that gamefly's only distribution center is in LA and shipping is very slow for east coasters.

Then I came across gameznflix.com.....$12.99 a month for 2 out at a time movies and games, or $16.99 for 3 at a time, or $250/year ($20.80/month) for SIX out at a time. Wow.

So I gave the 2 out a time trial a shot, just signed up a few days ago. However, I've noticed that the game selection isn't that huge. 29 Xbox 360 games available. I was really surprised that they didn't have games as simple as Fifa or Tomb Raider, and BFME2 wasn't available yet even though it came out days ago. The DVD movie selection also seems quite limited.

Has anyone had any experience with these services? Are those 360 games a bit lacking just because the 360 is still relatively new? Do the other (more expensive) services have more available games? Any personal experiences or general thoughts about any of these?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:12 pm

I can't say I've used any, but I never thought about using them for games that take longer than a rental to finish, but aren't worth dropping $50 on. Maybe I'll check into it.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Video Games