Jamal Lewis - Thoughts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jamal Lewis - Thoughts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jamal Lewis - Thoughts?

Postby Ducks4Life416 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:31 am

OK, we all endured a bust season from him last year. Now, with McNair at QB, the Ravens can't possibly be offensively inept. Now, they did let go of Chester Taylor, but they also signed Mike Anderson as well. Would that mean that the Ravens just want insurance for a Jamal Lewis bust season again, or would they use Mike Anderson in goalline situations or something like that?

I'm considering taking him in a third round of a keeper where I have Tiki and CJ. Is there a huge shadow of doubt surrounding JLew, or do most cafers think Jamal Lewis is on store for a good bounceback year?
Ducks4Life416
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:36 am

same question has been eating at me. Why in the world pay Anderson, or take on a guy who had 12 tds last year? Maybe because your faith in Jlew is waivering?

Mike Anderson didn't go there to sit. It's not like the guys 24. Mike Anderson will get his touches.
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby michaelavelli » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:18 am

Joeybagadonuts wrote:same question has been eating at me. Why in the world pay Anderson, or take on a guy who had 12 tds last year? Maybe because your faith in Jlew is waivering?

Mike Anderson didn't go there to sit. It's not like the guys 24. Mike Anderson will get his touches.

because you needed a backup RB.

Anderson will get some touches, but so did Taylor.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:45 am

Anderson will get far less than Taylor. He's a spell back, pure-and-simple.

I've only said this about 10000000 times, but what the Hell.

1) JLew is 2 years removed from injury ... which is the bounceback year. He also has a much better environment conducive to training (with his team, not in prison).

2) Despite his contract, he's running for money. He got a contract with BAL where they can cut loose without much of a loss. And there is no way JLew can command the money he wants with a 3rd consecutive bust season. JLew has to put it all on the line ...

3) He's still very young. 25-26. I realize he's been worked extremely hard, and he's had more NFL seasons than a normal back of his age, but he's still dynamite in keepers.

4) No Chesty. Chesty proved he can take a larger role in an offense, and without Chesty, JLew can prove he's a workhorse again.

5) Better offense. Duh. No Boller. McNair means they can't put 9 in the box anymore ... which teams have been doing. No respect to the pass ... but now opposing teams must.

Personally, I think JLew is a 1st round talent again, and this year. He could finish in the top 6, and I wouldn't be suprised in the least. If you can get him in Round 3, count your blessings, don't think, and nab him. That's my plan, at any rate.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:18 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:Personally, I think JLew is a 1st round talent again, and this year. He could finish in the top 6, and I wouldn't be suprised in the least. If you can get him in Round 3, count your blessings, don't think, and nab him. That's my plan, at any rate.

I'm not that optimistic, but I definitely think he's a huge value pick.

I think he'll finish 8th or 9th in RBs...a huge steal if you consider where he's going in drafts.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:35 am

Remember that Anderson was signed before J. Lewis. If Jamal would have gone elsewhere Anderson would have been their insurance...
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:48 am

If I were the OC for the Ravens I would love to have their problem. Essentially you have two backs that have a similar style and can pound the ball. Plus, since Mike Anderson has been a fullback before you can put them both on the field at the same time.

Add to this that Mike Anderson can catch out of the backfield (although the Broncos didn't use him much in this capacity) and you have two guys that are going to cause havoc out of the backfield.

I personally think Jamal Lewis is going to have a good year in 2006.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk