The_Dude wrote:Brown
Davis
McGahee
Droughns
Parker
Foster

Swap Davis and McGahee and I agree.

No, keep it as is ;-D

I would not only switch McGahee with Davis but I would easily switch Parker with Droughns. Futhermore I would then switch foster with Droughns. So:

Brown
McGahee
Davis
Parker
Foster
Droughns

Done deal, period.

Foster over Droughns?
not by me

Brown
Mcgahee
Davis
Droughns
Parker
Foster

LOL..ok...but you do know they released the TD vulture Davis don't you?

You also do realize, that Foster has never started more than a couple game stretch before suffering a season ending labia injury, correct?

Not to mention coming back off a broken leg last year...

Look at how he finished the season throughout his career:

2002 - Injured Reserve
2003 - Super Bowl Appearance
2004 - Injured Reserve
2005 - Injured Reserve

Excluding his decent playoff performance in 2003, the guy has been NOTHING but injured... And he has YET to carry the full load...

What do you think happens when he gets 25 carries per game?

I'm predicting IR by week 5....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:00 pm

Come on now, where Foster is going in drafts its almost worth the chance, plus you can get Williams in the later rounds for the handcuff. Yes he does have a track record of getting injured but he is worth the risk.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:04 pm

In most leagues Williams doesnt go far behind Foster if not in front of him. Williams is a very expensive and neccessary handcuff.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:07 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:In most leagues Williams doesnt go far behind Foster if not in front of him. Williams is a very expensive and neccessary handcuff.

Precisely.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:19 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:Come on now, where Foster is going in drafts its almost worth the chance, plus you can get Williams in the later rounds for the handcuff. Yes he does have a track record of getting injured but he is worth the risk.

In most of the leagues I've been drafting in, the only way to snag Foster and Williams is to burn a third and fourth OR a fourth and fifth round pick on them both... I try to avoid handcuffs that cost that much... Give me Dunn in the fourth and Norwood in the tenth anyday over Foster in the fourth and Williams in the fifth...

It's not even certain that Foster is the feature back... Williams could easily split carries pretty heavily with Foster in an attempt to keep him healthy, and if we end up with a 60-40 split, neither back is worth much of anything...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:42 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
mystykoekaki wrote:Come on now, where Foster is going in drafts its almost worth the chance, plus you can get Williams in the later rounds for the handcuff. Yes he does have a track record of getting injured but he is worth the risk.

In most of the leagues I've been drafting in, the only way to snag Foster and Williams is to burn a third and fourth OR a fourth and fifth round pick on them both... I try to avoid handcuffs that cost that much... Give me Dunn in the fourth and Norwood in the tenth anyday over Foster in the fourth and Williams in the fifth...

It's not even certain that Foster is the feature back... Williams could easily split carries pretty heavily with Foster in an attempt to keep him healthy, and if we end up with a 60-40 split, neither back is worth much of anything...

I'm sorry to hear that, in the leauges I drafted in Williams goes in last five rounds or sometimes (rarely) undrafted.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:49 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that, in the leauges I drafted in Williams goes in last five rounds or sometimes (rarely) undrafted.

I guess my perception is skewed since 80% of my leagues are keepers of one sort or another....

Even so, I think Williams is one of the hot RBBC targets in any format, and would be surprised to see him fall to the final couple of rounds, even in a redraft... Personally I put him in the Samkon Gado range in a redraft... Seeing as how Foster is chronically injured...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:52 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
mystykoekaki wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

I think Williams is one of the hot RBBC targets in any format.

I agree.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JimRome99 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:21 pm

What about nick goings?

2005:
The guy only had 1 featured start during the season and postseason, in all other games during season he was given less than 5 carries a game, yet he managed 420 yards from scrimmage.

2004:
he had 217 carries and 43 receptions, and got 1200 yards from scrimmage

(other years he was used as a blocker, and FB)

Once Deshaun Foster gets injured, he is going to get more playing time, and once they see what he can do, hopefully they will start him. I draft him 16+ team leagues, I just think this guy will be good.
JimRome99
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:45 pm

TDs are king. Willie Parker has absolute no shot to win the goalline duties in Pittsburgh. It's a shame because he is a great RB.. Hard to get excited about a guy that has almost zero chance to get into the double digit TDs. I would bump his value up a little bit in a league that rewards long TD runs though.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk