Willie Parker Underrated? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Willie Parker Underrated?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aldridg6in » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:33 pm

I'm still amazed that Parker has put up the numbers he has in the NFL so far. He was a huge disappointment while in Chapel Hill. As a Tar Heel fan I'm both happy for his success and disappointed he didn't put up any numbers in college.

That said, Kensat30 has it right. He's not going to get a lot of goal line carries. He's a speed back and will break some long runs. I actually think he's a little overrated, but then again I lived through the pain of his college days. I just don't think he has that much in him.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Turf Toe » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:27 am

I dont think he's under rated. He's more likely over rated, but thats a good thing because I can use him as trade fodder for players that are truly being under rated.

If you look at Parker's Games last year, He only did well against teams with weak DEFs. Any Decent DEF shut him down.
Turf Toe
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Turf Toe » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:31 am

JimRome99 wrote:What about nick goings?

2005:
The guy only had 1 featured start during the season and postseason, in all other games during season he was given less than 5 carries a game, yet he managed 420 yards from scrimmage.

2004:
he had 217 carries and 43 receptions, and got 1200 yards from scrimmage

(other years he was used as a blocker, and FB)

Once Deshaun Foster gets injured, he is going to get more playing time, and once they see what he can do, hopefully they will start him. I draft him 16+ team leagues, I just think this guy will be good.

I also wonder why they dont utilize goings more. He's decent. Not the best, but decent. With the draft of Williams, Goings will never see the field again. However, it might just be the Carolina system that made Goings good. Carolina's other FB Brad Hoover also did pretty well when all of the backs were injured. Theres no way Carolina could have that many good backs and not realize it.
Turf Toe
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Navyseal » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:24 pm

Parker's lack of size often allows him to be tackled with one arm, sometimes in the backfield, but if he gets thru the line with any kind of room, he usually breaks one off for 7-15 yds. In deeper more yardage-heavy leagues he is a fine #2 RB. That's about all I would add to this conversation... that said, I am keeping him along w/ CJ and Wayne, and I plan on draftint Tiki ahead of SS in my 1.2 spot.

Big $$$ 12 tm, H2H hyper-performance keeper(5) league:

kept: CJ, Wayne, Parker
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:15 am

Plindsey88 wrote:You also do realize, that Foster has never started more than a couple game stretch before suffering a season ending labia injury, correct?

Holy crap, was I the ONLY one who caught this little piece of brilliance? I just about pissed my pants here on this one... :-D :-D :-D ;-D ;-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Smee » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:35 am

lmcjaho wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:You also do realize, that Foster has never started more than a couple game stretch before suffering a season ending labia injury, correct?

Holy crap, was I the ONLY one who caught this little piece of brilliance? I just about pissed my pants here on this one... :-D :-D :-D ;-D ;-D

Labia? That's somewhere in the foot right?

:-?
Smee
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:33 am

Smee wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:

not quite :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:52 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
Smee wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:

not quite :-b

Umm... men don't have it... you should google it ;-)
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Navyseal » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:23 am

In short, DeShaun hurt his pu$$y lips (bi-labial folds)... LOL
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby houstonoilers » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:53 am