Interesting Madden... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Interesting Madden...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Interesting Madden...

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:53 pm

I found this very interesting so i thought id share it. So i got a 360 the other day and i got the 360 madden game a few months ago for x-mas (dont know why) and i had alreayd ahd the 06 madden for my orignal x-box so i decided to see what was differnt about them. and the two stand-outs are graphics and features, it seems the 360 version is missing alot of things the other version had and was very dissapointing i must say.

But i thought id take a shot at Franchise game type anyways, and since there was no fantasy draft i was stuck with taking one NFL team, so i thought id make it interesting and be both the Colts and New England, but i would trade all of the players on NE who were better than the colts players at that postion to the colts, and then what ever was left with NE i would trade for better players and further establish teh colts with a LOADED roster. The results will SHOCK YOU.

The Colts ended up gonig 10-6(6 loses! with a team that could smack the pro-bowl teams), and having a second place seed in the playoffs and eventually winning the superbowl with a roster including such players as: (keep in my these are the most updated online downloadable rosters, so its basically the end of last years regular seasons rosters) Antonia Gates, Peyton Manning, EDGE, TOny Richardson, Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Steve Hutchinson, Jeff Saturday, Will shields, Matt Light, Julius Peppers,, Dwight Freeny, RObert Mathis, Corey Simon, AMrcus Washington, Brian Urlacher, WIllie MCginest, Chris Mcalister, Nate Clements, Bib sanders, Rodney Harrison and of course Vandy so basically at every given postion i had a top 10 caliber player in the NFL.

and the most shocking is the patriots ended up going 7-9 and still making Wildcard, advancing to divsion finals, and then to conference finals and losing to, yes the colts 21-24 with the only mentioable players on the roster being Vinateri and Tom Brady, the others werent of the highest caliber, some were starters but most werent.

Keep in mind the whole season was Simulated i played no part in it.

I know its a video game but still, a team that is All-Wolrd of the Colts LOSING 6 games, and a team such as the modified Patriots ending up losing in the confernce final, with basically most of the starters being back-ups, nothing near top-notch. Makes you wonder how bad the texans must be....
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:33 am

Thats why they play the games. :-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:47 am

If you had put Vinateri on the Colts they would have gone undefeated.

New England wouldn't have won more than 3 games without him.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:24 am

I thought you combined the Colts and Patriots? Most of those guys are from other teams, I only saw two Patriots mentioned.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:46 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I thought you combined the Colts and Patriots? Most of those guys are from other teams, I only saw two Patriots mentioned.

Well of course most of those players are better than given NE players so the NE players were backups or traded for better, all depends
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Return to Video Games