Breaking... on Tiki - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Breaking... on Tiki

Moderator: Football Moderators

Breaking... on Tiki

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:51 am

Tiki stated, on his Siruos radio show, that he does not want to have the same year as last year. He doesn't want the same amount of workload (he wants much less). Instead he wants Brandon Jacobs to get more of his touches.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:32 am

doesnt matter what he wants...they will run the heck out of him if they want
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BGbootha » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:37 am

Hmmmm, thats a little interesting.....We all knew Jacobs was going to take his goal line touches away, but I just don't see anything more than that.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby michaelavelli » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:42 am

Off-season fluff.

I didn't hear it and the poster didn't directly quote it, but I'd be willing to bet it was just him trying to support Jacobs. Tiki is an ultimate competitor, which is why he's still in such great shape at his age, and to think that he WANTS to be less succsessful at his trade would not make sense to me at all.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:50 pm

it's a little worrisome having just drafted Tiki in the KOTJ league...but i think it's just one of those things players say
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:57 pm

michaelavelli wrote:Off-season fluff.

I didn't hear it and the poster didn't directly quote it, but I'd be willing to bet it was just him trying to support Jacobs. Tiki is an ultimate competitor, which is why he's still in such great shape at his age, and to think that he WANTS to be less succsessful at his trade would not make sense to me at all.

If anybody has transcripts of his show on Sirous, you can check it out. There really isn't a way for me to link content from a radio show broadcast.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:15 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:it's a little worrisome having just drafted Tiki in the KOTJ league...but i think it's just one of those things players say

I wouldnt be all too worried about it. I do think that Jacobs will see a bigger role this year to keep Tiki a little fresher down the stretch. Tiki isnt getting any younger and im sure the GMen would like to have him in town for a few more years playing near the level he is currently at so it makes sense to lighten his load a bit.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MrTwo94 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:41 pm

Drafting Tiki in the first round is for chumps. No one will accept all the negatives associated with him. Anything good about him and everyone gushes over it. Anything negative and everyone shrugs it off. Whatever. Ignore the writing on the wall. Let Jackson slip to me.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pjluva10 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:50 pm

I can agree Tiki has a few red flags that can worry you, howevr a large number of players do whetherit be age, injury history, schedule, young bucks or whatever. i would take him at number five personally but I wouldnt fully rag on people if he fell to 6 or 7. I do have to say past performance warrants him a top ten spot no question. I just dont agree with not taking him in the first round.
Pjluva10
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Crippler » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:07 am

MrTwo94 wrote:Drafting Tiki in the first round is for chumps. No one will accept all the negatives associated with him. Anything good about him and everyone gushes over it. Anything negative and everyone shrugs it off. Whatever. Ignore the writing on the wall. Let Jackson slip to me.

I agree, drafting the guy who missed the rushing title last year by one carry is for chumps. I mean, who really wants to win at fantasy football? Cant we all just be happy with 5th or 6th place?

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)