Your first post - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Your first post

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Balanced Man » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:32 pm

J2thez929 wrote:Whats up with Balanced Man's "nill" comment?.. I remember that b/c that was the title of this thread too :-b

"nill"gate will remain a mystery until my source passes on, as I promised him in the 70's...

Ha, actually, I bet I was trying to test a sig, I had some serious trouble with that originally.

That so should be deleted. :-b

I'm just embarressed I wrote that sentence in passive voice :-o
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Your first post

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:33 am

Wow, last post by TBM! Time to bring this back from the dead too ;-D

I double posted this in Football Talk and Cheering/Venting - both got a couple responses before being locked for being in the wrong forum - quite the start :-b

WaCougMBS wrote:What are my chances of winning my matchup this weekend, under the following conditions? I am REALLY worried, because I know this is going to be a nail biter! All 8 of my players have finished and I have 104 points; my opponent has 85 points, but still has the Falcons team QB (hopefully Vick) to go. The scoring system is:

1 pt/25 passing yards
1 pt/15 rushing yards
6 pts/TD
-2 pts/INT or FBL

Other than the game where Schaub went off and scored 31 (according to our system), Vick has only scored 19 or less in all of his starts, and his average is 17 ppg counting the inflated stats from Schaub.

What is your take on how the game will go tonite and how good are my chances of winning? (Im predicting a 3 point win, but I think that even that might be a little bit adventageous!)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:33 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Wow, last post by TBM! Time to bring this back from the dead too ;-D

I double posted this in Football Talk and Cheering/Venting - both got a couple responses before being locked for being in the wrong forum - quite the start :-b

WaCougMBS wrote:What are my chances of winning my matchup this weekend, under the following conditions? I am REALLY worried, because I know this is going to be a nail biter! All 8 of my players have finished and I have 104 points; my opponent has 85 points, but still has the Falcons team QB (hopefully Vick) to go. The scoring system is:

1 pt/25 passing yards
1 pt/15 rushing yards
6 pts/TD
-2 pts/INT or FBL

Other than the game where Schaub went off and scored 31 (according to our system), Vick has only scored 19 or less in all of his starts, and his average is 17 ppg counting the inflated stats from Schaub.

What is your take on how the game will go tonite and how good are my chances of winning? (Im predicting a 3 point win, but I think that even that might be a little bit adventageous!)

Well, did you win?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:14 pm

dream_017 wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Wow, last post by TBM! Time to bring this back from the dead too ;-D

1 pt/25 passing yards
1 pt/15 rushing yards
6 pts/TD
-2 pts/INT or FBL

Well, did you win?

Good question, and I have no idea, LOL! Fanball's terrible site is under construction, so I can't log into the old league to see, but I think I went 12-3 or 13-2 that year en route to the title, so a victory was much more likely than a defeat ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:29 pm

I used Fanball for years for my league. It was OK back in the day. Can't remember why we left.

I talked to Charch a lot when he was there, but he left quite a while ago, if I recall. Didn't Fanball get bought out, too?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:32 pm

knapplc wrote:I used Fanball for years for my league. It was OK back in the day. Can't remember why we left.

I talked to Charch a lot when he was there, but he left quite a while ago, if I recall. Didn't Fanball get bought out, too?

Yeah, I think someone like the NBC Sports Group bought them a while back and the site went from pretty good even though you had to pay to almost unusable. I think 2009 was our last year on there, and it was probably at least 2 years too long. Not sure who owns them now, but the site looks pretty similar and is victim to an ill-timed renovation with under 5 weeks left till football season !+)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:06 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
knapplc wrote:I used Fanball for years for my league. It was OK back in the day. Can't remember why we left.

Yeah, I think someone like the NBC Sports Group bought them a while back and the site went from pretty good even though you had to pay to almost unusable. I think 2009 was our last year on there, and it was probably at least 2 years too long. Not sure who owns them now, but the site looks pretty similar and is victim to an ill-timed renovation with under 5 weeks left till football season !+)

I still have a league on there - my very first league switched to them we went to the internet age. Every single year I try to get them to change sites and they won't - I hate it. I log on once a week to set my line-up and that is it :-t :-t
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:21 pm

why are TE's goıng so hıgh
by bungle613 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:11 am

I suppose I can justıfy the bıg 3 goıng ın the 40's is but why 2 and 3 other guys are ıs beyond me. If you take Shockey's, Gonzo and Heap's best 3 games last year away you have an average of 60 or 70 total points over 13 games or about 5 points a game. You do the same for a mediocre TE and you got shit.

quick follow up...

Edit postDelete postReport this postInformationTweet this postSubmit post feedbackReply with quote by bungle613 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:18 am

sorry... turkish keyboard. heading should read why are te's going so high?

Was living in Turkey at the time and swore. Other than that pretty boring.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:14 am

bungle613 wrote:Was living in Turkey at the time.

2 things-
1- How could a Turkish keyboard cause a mistype?
2- I've always been interested in Turkey. How long did you live there? Did you enjoy it?

My 1st post- I was commishing a league and wanted input on implementing changes for the coming season- 1st was about trades, 3rd about using a draft board for a live draft at a bar.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bungle613 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:47 am

Kareighuis wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Was living in Turkey at the time.

2 things-
1- How could a Turkish keyboard cause a mistype?
2- I've always been interested in Turkey. How long did you live there? Did you enjoy it?

My 1st post- I was commishing a league and wanted input on implementing changes for the coming season- 1st was about trades, 3rd about using a draft board for a live draft at a bar.

Only a few months but Turkey was wonderful. Very friendly overall. They loved my 6 foot blonde wife. You will get sick from the food if you spend any time there though, just a fact. Our welcome to Turkey was going to a hostel and getting talked into a cruise. We refused over and over as we were broke and it finally got down to 3 days on private sailboat for less than the hostel would be. Drove us to the bank (first withdrawal was something ridiculous like 6 million lira) put us in a little boat and ferried us out to the sail boat. Brilliant.

Freaking hot though. 130 every day for 2 months during the summer. Lived in Fethiye, about 5 minutes from the beach, 2 bedroom condo for $400 a month.

Thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of Turkey.

Turkish keyboards are for the turkish language. All kinds of weird things. Google it.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk