fantasy flops from fox sports - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

fantasy flops from fox sports

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby onnestabe » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:40 pm

johnpax wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:There is no way Jamal Lewis is a bust candidate. If anything he's a sleeper.

i completely agree :-)

and i love how they mention both corey dillon and maroney as value pickups. choose one! :-°

I'm not sure either of you know what a sleeper is.

Lewis has an ADP of 28th overall. Early 3rd round isn't a sleeper, it's RB2. And yes as an RB2 he could be a bust.

People have different definitions for sleeper. I think a lot of people view a sleeper as someone who they think will significantly out-produce their draft position.

Jamal Lewis in the 3rd round would imply a RB2, but he has the potential to lead the league in rushing, which I would say meets the criteria of significantly out-producing his draft position. So I don't mind when people call him a sleeper because I know what they are talking about.

If you want to talk about guys you pick in the 10th round or later, refer to them as deep sleepers and we will all know what you are talking about.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:16 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
terpfan wrote:There's no way Dillon, Taylor, or Foster would put up anywhere close to 1600 and 16, no matter their health.

I'm not so sure I can agree with that, at least in regards to Taylor. When healthy this guy is a fantastic runner. IF he managed to stay healthy for a season, I think he could get very close to those numbers (1580 and 12, rec and rush combined). Maybe not quite 16 TDs, but you get my drift. Dillon might get the TDs, but never the yardage (I'll say 1350 at best), and Foster might get 12-1300 and 8.

On topic of the article...we should do a list of which sports/fantasy beat writers will be likely to bust or boom. The former list would be very, very long.

If its total yardage, sure maybe. But when he says they could average a "100 yard game" I take that to mean 100 rushing yards.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dukesimms » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:52 pm

Here's another of Dr. Gridiron's articles about his draft

http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/5763986

guys brilliant or so he thinks.
"Nothing is idiotproof to a sufficiently motivated idiot"
dukesimms
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk