What are your thoughts on Westbrook this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What are your thoughts on Westbrook this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What are your thoughts on Westbrook this year?

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:31 pm

What are your thoughts on Westbrook this year since they will be having him run the ball more?

He is not usually used as a hard rushing RB who gets a bunch of carries and is more of a passing RB.

Do you think he will be more liable now to get injured or will he step up and keep his reception percentages and add to the rushing?
Last edited by Alkaholik on Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:31 pm

Where's LT?
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ampant » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:48 pm

I'm not sold that they will change the game plan all that much. Martz/Vitt said last year that they wanted to get Jackson more involved in the running game, and they had games where he got 12 carries.

I still think they'll use him as a rushing/receiving threat, and we might see more of moats. Personally I think of him more as a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder, not as a late 1st/early 2nd.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:12 pm

I wouldnt think that Westbrook's role would change much this year. He will probably play 12 games or so and get 60 to 70 receptions and 600- 700 yards rushing. In ppr leagues hes worth a second rounder but not in a regular league. I would love to have him as a third RB but wouldnt want to count on him week in and week out.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:27 pm

I have westbrooks numbers for 06
15 games
975 yards rushing
804 recieving
11 total tds.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:31 pm

Personally in terms of the offense for westy i dont see much changing, i see him getting about the same number of carries, and about the same number of receptions (even with no more T.O.), but i see moats getting more carries than before, whichw ill help balance the offense and keep westy healthy.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:49 pm

moats will definitely get reps. Thing is, I am not 100 percent that will be an either/or situation. Both are home run types, and both have pass catching ability. Would be awfully confusing for Moats to be in the back field and westbrook splitting out wide...
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:53 pm

I expect about the same out of him as the past couple years. Reid has said he wants to commit to the run more, but I see moats getting those extra carries if that actually happens
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SniperShot » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:18 pm

Seems like every year Reid says he wants to commit more to the running game, he finds more ways to pass. Now that TO is gone I think the Eagles should wake up but does this mean good things for Westbrook?

I think Westbrook could see a fair share of carries but Moats will be there for sure.

It's tough to figure right now, but with how involved Westbrook will be in the passing game it's hard to say he's anything less than a solid round 2 RB who should produce numbers every week. Either in the air or on the ground it doesn't really matter to me (PPR league) as long as he can stay healthy.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:31 pm

Moats can't catch. "More carries" means "more Moats".
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Football Talk