Who are you going take at 1st Pick overall? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who are you going take at 1st Pick overall?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who are you going take at 1st Pick overall?

Shaun Alexander
15%
Larry Johnson
57%
LaDainian Tomlinson
28%

Total votes : 72

Postby WannabeGuru » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:24 pm

LT is still the cream of the crop, even more now that he is THE offense.
WannabeGuru
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:30 pm

WannabeGuru wrote:LT is still the cream of the crop, even more now that he is THE offense.

Funny how McGahee was THE offense in Buffalo last year, and his numbers didn't really improve :-?
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:39 pm

onnestabe wrote:
WannabeGuru wrote:LT is still the cream of the crop, even more now that he is THE offense.

Funny how McGahee was THE offense in Buffalo last year, and his numbers didn't really improve :-?

Claiming he was the best RB in the NFL didnt help his chances.

Dont forget about Julius Jones saying he would get like 15 or 20 td's last year....looks like that turned out well.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby ampant » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:46 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Bah..if a busted collarbone is in the top five of most painful injuries then I must be Superman. I broke mine during a game of tackle in the park with friends and didn't even know it. I played for another 45 minutes or so then went to the bar and shot darts. Went to the doctor two days later, and ended up going back to work in 2 1/2 weeks. Nothing to a collarbone.

I busted my collarbone too. It wasn't terribly painful, but i found it pretty hard not to notice the two snapped halves of the bone grinding against one another every time I moved my arm. Did you just crack it? Mine snapped completely in two, and I sure wouldn't have been throwing darts with it.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:53 pm

I have had Alexander on my team the past 2 years and he has lead me to 2 title!!!! ;-D If I can get him again I will gladly take him. If I have the #1 pick, he is mine ;-D
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:53 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
onnestabe wrote:

Dont forget about Julius Jones saying he would get like 15 or 20 td's last year....looks like that turned out well.

I was mainly just posting that to say that it is unclear at this point how the absence of Brees will affect LT's numbers. He did well as THE offense three years ago, but that was three years ago.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:34 pm

onnestabe wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:
onnestabe wrote:

I was mainly just posting that to say that it is unclear at this point how the absence of Brees will affect LT's numbers. He did well as THE offense three years ago, but that was three years ago.

yea i know, i just like it when Rb's or Wr's brag about how well they WILL do before they actually do it and then crumple to our laughter the following year.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Previous

Return to Football Talk