New look O-line for Texans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New look O-line for Texans

Moderator: Football Moderators

New look O-line for Texans

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:11 pm

Appears Kubiak is building a smaller, faster O-line in hopes that Carr won't be spending so much of the game on his butt. Does this mean Carr might actually have some some fantasy value this year, at least as a #2 QB???
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4048721.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:34 pm

I'm more interested in what it means for Andre Johnson and Dom Davis, but yes I do think Carr will be a suitable #2 QB.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:35 pm

I think Kubiak is putting his stamp on this team in a very positive way. Much like what Marvin Lewis did to Cincy. I am high on Carr, AJ, and DD this year compare to years past. I think tghere will be a new attitude in Houston this year and the talent is there.... ;-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moonhead » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:59 pm

damn. you mean they're going to field an offensive line this year? :-b
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby onnestabe » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:26 pm

Carr will be a serviceable backup if your starter has a late by week, but I think next year will be when you see the big improvement with the Texans. By then their young O-linemen should be starters, and everyone will be on the same page with the new offense. I feel like this is a year for them all to get comfortable in the new offense - with a chance to surprise some teams in the second half (much like Miami in '05)
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby michaelavelli » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:31 pm

onnestabe wrote:Carr will be a serviceable backup if your starter has a late by week, but I think next year will be when you see the big improvement with the Texans. By then their young O-linemen should be starters, and everyone will be on the same page with the new offense. I feel like this is a year for them all to get comfortable in the new offense - with a chance to surprise some teams in the second half (much like Miami in '05)

Agreed. I think Carr not only is a servicable QB2, but I think he's a QB2 with a lot of upside - moreso than some of the other generic QB2's you might get.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:12 pm

petedog9 wrote:I think Kubiak is putting his stamp on this team in a very positive way. Much like what Marvin Lewis did to Cincy. I am high on Carr, AJ, and DD this year compare to years past. I think tghere will be a new attitude in Houston this year and the talent is there.... ;-D

I wouldnt go that far yet. The Texans have yet to play a game under Kubiak, whereas Marvin Lewis rebuilt one of the worst franchises for over a decade into one of the NFL's best in a span of 3 years.

That said, I like what Kubiak is doing, and I think Carr makes quite a good value pick as a #2 QB in dynasty leagues, probably wouldn't want him as my #2 in a redraft though.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ampant » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:15 pm

moonhead wrote:damn. you mean they're going to field an offensive line this year? :-b

Yeah. I was kind of getting used to the turnstyles they used last year.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Return to Football Talk