Draft Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Draft Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft Question

Postby The Big Stick » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:30 am

What's up guys I have a couple of questions regarding fantasy football. I have played baseball, basketball and have done really well at them. However, football last year was my first full year playing. I finished fourth but, I didn't feel like I knew what I was doing.
My first question is Roto, H2H or salary cap football. I have played yahoo public leagues.
I prefer H2H because that's what I have been successfully at. However, I am open to trying roto.
Second question is I know going into the draft I need to draft running backs because they earn the most points. BYE weeks how much should I take them into account when drafting. Receivers/Quarterbacks and so forth. I am trying to get as much information as possible prior to drafting. Thanks guys any help will be appreciated.
The Big Stick
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Get your resources...

Postby mlavwilson » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:44 am

I prefer H2H.
  • I would start by reading message boards like this one.
  • Then I would look at 5+ sites for player projections/rankings
  • Finally I would locate a tool and perform some mock drafts.
mlavwilson
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:17 am

H2H. Roto should be only played in Fantasy Baseball.

I think Bye Weeks are overrated for the most part. But if two guys are even, I'll take the guy who's bye fits better with my team.

Last year, I had Priest, LaMont, and Tiki all out on Week 5. I still won.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Get your resources...

Postby The Big Stick » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:20 am

mlavwilson wrote:I prefer H2H.
  • I would start by reading message boards like this one.
  • Then I would look at 5+ sites for player projections/rankings
  • Finally I would locate a tool and perform some mock drafts.

Thanks for the res ponce. I am working right now thus, I will look at these sites latter today. I purchase rotoworld's magazine as a draft tool. How do these sites differ from rotoworld.
The Big Stick
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mlavwilson » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:18 am

The Big Stick wrote:Thanks for the responce. I am working right now thus, I will look at these sites latter today. I purchase rotoworld's magazine as a draft tool. How do these sites differ from rotoworld.

Typically magazies are outdated by the time the draft comes around. So do not depend solely on one.

I like tools that can simulate mock drafts. You can practice drating and try all the different opproaches such as drafting RBs early, drafting QBs early... After a dozen or so mocks you will be better prepared for the trends and surprises in your real draft. You can't get this prep from a magazine.
mlavwilson
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Big Stick » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:08 pm

mlavwilson wrote:
The Big Stick wrote:Thanks for the responce. I am working right now thus, I will look at these sites latter today. I purchase rotoworld's magazine as a draft tool. How do these sites differ from rotoworld.

Typically magazies are outdated by the time the draft comes around. So do not depend solely on one.

I like tools that can simulate mock drafts. You can practice drating and try all the different opproaches such as drafting RBs early, drafting QBs early... After a dozen or so mocks you will be better prepared for the trends and surprises in your real draft. You can't get this prep from a magazine.

I have never thought about that. Thanks great insight. I will check it those sites and see what happens.
The Big Stick
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk