Ronnie Brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ronnie Brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ronnie Brown

Postby Bravos of Steel » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:54 pm

Okay, anyone else as high on him as I am this year? IMO there's just too much upside in the Miami offense, and hear are some personal reasons.

1. Obviously, no Ricky. Ronnie is THE running back in Miami, and he's got probably some of the best job security as any running back in the NFL.

2. The signing of Daunte Culpepper. Daunte knows how to play the position, and with an absolute freak of an athlete/long ball threat in Chris Chambers, it should spread the defense out a lot more, opening more holes for Ronnie.

3. Saban's experience against him in the SEC leaves the head coach knowing what Ronnie will bring to the table. The familiarity factor can't be overlooked.

4. The addition of Mike Mularkey as Offensive Coordinator. As a Steeler fan, I know for a fact that Mularkey loves to pound in the yards with a superb running game, opening up the passing game. The combination of Saban's knowledge and Mularkey's play call has to equal extreme success for Ronnie Brown.

I'd be interested in hearing any other opinions on Ronnie you guys have. Anyone else see him becoming the stud back I see him becoming, possibly this year?
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:03 pm

I dont know. I like the guy it just seems like his situation is less than ideal. What happens if Daunte cant go the first part of the season? What happens if Daunte can play but he reverts back to 2005 form? Has the offensive line improved from last year? It just seems like the odds are stacked against him to have a real big year. I have him on several teams this year but im not as high on him as i once was.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Doctor P » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:03 pm

I think the only real issue people may have w/him is that he hasn't carried a full load in any season since high school. I think b/c no one has seen him in a full season as the main back puts certain doubts in people's minds when there are other backs who have proven they can put up the numbers, like Tiki, Portis, Edge, Lamont Jordan.

You provide extremely good points. He has all the tools to be an elite back in the league.....I like him to have an excellent season this year w/this revamped Dolphins team.
Doctor P
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Bravos of Steel » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:31 pm

That is the one thing that makes me feel a little uneasy about him. He never has been THE guy. In Auburn, he had Caddy to be the lightning to his thunder, and last year he had Ricky. I think, however, that he will prove to everyone that he can handle the load himself, and he will establish himself as one of the top 5 RBs in the game.
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:31 pm

he's a top potential Top 10 RB with Top 5upside, but some ??
i like him, but i wouldnt reach for him over proven talent
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby michaelavelli » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:32 pm

michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk