Addai...the great unknown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Addai...the great unknown

Moderator: Football Moderators

Addai...the great unknown

Postby Little Johnny » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:18 pm

I am having an increasingly difficult time getting a handle on this guy's value. Everything I have read indicates that Rhodes will see the bulk of the playing time, but you don't draft a back in the first round because he is no better than what you already have. I can see him struggling to comprehend and learn the intricate offense in Indy, which might mean a slow start. Where does everyone else rate this guy? He has definite potential, especially in that offense, but he seems to be falling in value. I would appreciate any input you may have. THANKS!

Johnny
Little Johnny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Addai...the great unknown

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:21 pm

Little Johnny wrote:I am having an increasingly difficult time getting a handle on this guy's value. Everything I have read indicates that Rhodes will see the bulk of the playing time, but you don't draft a back in the first round because he is no better than what you already have. I can see him struggling to comprehend and learn the intricate offense in Indy, which might mean a slow start. Where does everyone else rate this guy? He has definite potential, especially in that offense, but he seems to be falling in value. I would appreciate any input you may have. THANKS!

Johnny

I don't know about draft him in the 1st round. Thats just crazy. He seems to be falling into the 5th or 6th round and that is great value here b/c he could definately outproduce this draft spot b/c Rhodes will not shoulder the full load
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Doctor P » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:26 pm

I think he meant that Addai was drafted in the 1st round of the real NFL draft....not saying to draft him the 1st round of your fantasy draft
Doctor P
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:28 pm

Doctor P wrote:I think he meant that Addai was drafted in the 1st round of the real NFL draft....not saying to draft him the 1st round of your draft

Gotcha.. I misread what he wrote.

"He is no better than what you already have"

I think Addai has a much better upside over Rhodes...
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:29 pm

The ADP (average draft position) for Joseph Addai in Antsports 12 team serious mock drafts with a flex position and a TE required is around 50, with a high of 4.01 and a low of 6.10.

So therefore, Addai is going in the 5th round in most mock drafts.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:30 pm

Here is a nice thread about Addai for ya...

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=231272
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Doctor P » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:31 pm

Absolutely, gotta believe he has more upside, but he'll find himself in a RBBC until he can prove he can outproduce Rhodes on a consistent basis....or Rhodes gets injured
Doctor P
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:03 pm

Right now, I have RBs that are being drafted in the 7-10th rounds ranked higher than Addai. Sure, the upside is there, but there are also barriers there that are hindering his chances at a having a quick impact. I see Dominic Rhodes starting at RB in the opener, and after that I have a hard time seeing Addai becoming the outright starter outside of a Rhodes injury. If anything, Addai will see enough playing time that the chances of a Rhodes injury will go down dramatically.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby BGbootha » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:13 pm

J2thez929 wrote:I think Addai has a much better upside over Rhodes...

Maybe in the years to come, in fact no doubt for the next few years, but this season. I don't see Addai out producing Rhodes unless there is an injury.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:59 pm

BGbootha wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:I think Addai has a much better upside over Rhodes...

Maybe in the years to come, in fact no doubt for the next few years, but this season. I don't see Addai out producing Rhodes unless there is an injury.

agreed
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk