Reuben Droughns vs Willie Parker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reuben Droughns vs Willie Parker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:20 am

It depends on who gets the TD's for the Steelers this year...are they seriously going to pound Willie in from the 1 or find a new Bettis? If they go the second route, it's too close. I will say this, though...which team's RB would you rather have - one from the Steelers, or one from the Browns?? :-o

I don't understand why the Browns wouldn't use Droughns as their main guy; he did very well last year for them. Truthfully, I really like Droughns for fantasy this year...you can get him "relatively" late (given the runners people may take ahead of him that might be in RBBC), and if given the chance he should get you well over 1200 yards rushing. He had 370 yards receiving last year as well which could go up. If the Browns do even a slightly better job getting the RB into the end zone this year he'll be worth the draft position you can get him in. He's the type of guy you want if you draft one of the "big three" and then hope to go for a top WR or QB in rounds 2-3. ;-D
Last edited by Mercer Boy on Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MrTwo94 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:02 am

This is very easy. Droughns by a long shot. Parker doesn't score TD's bc he gets pulled but Droughns simply wasn't in a situation to score TD's last year. On a quickly improving CLE team along with the addition of two solid linemen, Droughns has a ton of upside. I would be vey surprised if he didn't improve upon his 309 carries last season and his 4.0 ypc. The only downside is that I heard they are looking to put someone else in on 3rd downs to keep him fresh. This could mean he won't repeat the 39 receptions or whatever he had last year.

The same people who say Droughns doesn't score TD's are probably the same people expecting Tiki and Carnell Williams to break long TD's since they get pulled close to the stripe. Because Cleveland only scored 4 rushing TD's last year, Droughns will be cheap this year. Next year he'll come at a much higher price.

Look for something along the lines of 320 carries @ 4.4 ypc with 8 TD's. So around 1400 rush yds. I don't see how he could decrease from 1232 and 2 TD's, which, at his ADP, is nothing to complain about. You'd like more but it's better than what Jamal Lewis owners got last year...
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk