Expect Bengals to Discipline and/or cut Bad Apples - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Expect Bengals to Discipline and/or cut Bad Apples

Moderator: Football Moderators

Expect Bengals to Discipline and/or cut Bad Apples

Postby phunkadelic » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:27 pm

Just a rumor here. Don't ask for a link, because I don't have one.

Take it for what it’s worth, but there have been wide-spread rumors coming from the Bengals camp in recent days suggesting that these “activities” we’ve all been reading about recently in regards to certain players will not go unpunished.

Here are some quotes from a Bengals insider who wishes to remain unidentified:

With regard to Chris Henry:

"Where do I start on the charges? The bottom line is it doesn't matter as the Bengals do not see Chris Henry in the teams future and will rid them of him once they are free of any possibility of sanctions by the union."

With regard to Odell Thurman:

"Odell made a critical mistake in judgment and will pay the price for this. I do believe he understand what he did and now knows he needs to move on. Although, he will move forward, I'm not so sure that Mike Brown can after Odell lied directly to his face about what occurred. Stay tuned I'm not sure how this will play out, but as of now Odell is not in good graces with ownership or the NFL."

It should also be noted that earlier this morning, all Odell Thurman apparel at the Bengals pro-shophad been reduced in price. That could be a move to just stop appearing as if they’re promoting these two players, but it could mean more as well.
phunkadelic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Doctor P » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:39 pm

I read the title of this and I thought it said that the Bengals were going to cut BRAD APPLES, and I was saying to myself, who the f is BRAD APPLES? :-b

I wouldn't be completely surprised if they took some action considering they've been receiving alot of crap in the media about character issues....but I don't think they'll straight up cut them.
Last edited by Doctor P on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor P
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby michaelavelli » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:40 pm

Chris Henry to Oakland!!! ;-D
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Doctor P » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:45 pm

:-b

The last thing Oakland needs is another WR, although I'm sure you made the comment solely due to the bad souls that seem to always end up in Oakland....
Doctor P
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby michaelavelli » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:46 pm

Doctor P wrote::-b

The last thing Oakland needs is another WR, although I'm sure you made the comment solely due to the bad souls that seem to always end up in Oakland....

;-D
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:47 pm

I deifntly see that happening if hes released...
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:38 pm

Doctor P wrote:I read the title of this and I thought it said that the Bengals were going to cut BRAD APPLES, and I was saying to myself, who the f is BRAD APPLES? :-b

I wouldn't be completely surprised if they took some action considering they've been receiving alot of crap in the media about character issues....but I don't think they'll straight up cut them.

Ha. Brad Apples. I think I drafted him this year.
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:38 pm

Joeybagadonuts wrote:
Doctor P wrote:I read the title of this and I thought it said that the Bengals were going to cut BRAD APPLES, and I was saying to myself, who the f is BRAD APPLES? :-b

Ha. Brad Apples. I think I drafted him this year.

I am tempted to announce him as the last pick of my draft this year in my money league. :-D
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby jayday » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:06 pm

Phunk you beat me to it....I posted in Cincy's forum the same topic ;-)

Linkage to Lance McAllister's Blog

Observations from my Bengal Insider today
I have listed the various thoughts from my Bengal Insider this morning....not my words...but his...

Odell Thurman:
"Odell made a critical mistake in judgment and will pay the price for this.
I do believe he understand what he did and now knows he needs to move on. Although, he will move forward, I'm not so sure that Mike Brown can after Odell lied directly to his face about what occurred. Stay tuned I'm not sure how this will play out, but as of now Odell is not in good graces with ownership or the NFL."

Chris Henry:
"Where do I start on the charges?The bottom line is it doesn't matter as the Bengals do not see Chris Henry in the teams future and will rid them of him once they are free of any possibility of sanctions by the union."

Ahmad Brooks:
"Ahmad is a good young man who will prove his worth in the NFL. He is by far the most talented linebacker to come into the NFL in that last few years and is poised to be a Pro Bowler. Kudos to the Bengals for drafting him and shame on all the teams that are bad mouthing him now as most of these teams were the ones waiting for him to fall one more round to select him to save money."

What happens without Odell?
"I do not expect Bengal fans to see a let down as Brian Simmons moves to the inside and Landon Johnson moves to the weak side. Depth wise they have Rashad Jeanty who they plan to use as a rushing linebacker to spell Johnson on the weak side. Nicholson will develop as a middle linebacker, while Ahmad Brooks will be used at all three positions. Depth wise the team is in good shape. Worst case, you switch Simmons and Johnson and your fine. Johnson led the team in tackles while playing the middle, but the team would rather see him in coverage more to take advantage of his range."

What happens without Henry?
"The addition of Antonio Chatman and re-emergence of Kelly Washington will make Henry a memory. You will see more long balls to TJ to cover Chris, but don't discount Tab Perry either who has shown he can be a dependable receiver as well. The team is in sure hands without Chris Henry."

So, thought this was newsworthy....Accoring to Lance: Odell's in the doghouse, Henry is only a part of the team as a technicality, and Ahmad's a future Pro Bowler.....The Henry part mostly though...

As far as Odell goes, he should be suspended....Hope he cleans up, he's a heck of a talent.....Him flat out lying to Brown is worrying me though....

Henry, as I've been speculating for a while is on the first ticket out once our hands aren't tied by the league.....He'll get picked up, he arguably has more natural ability than half the #1 receivers in the league on the 32 teams....But I'm ready to be rid of his butt because Tab Perry, Kelley Washington, or a combination of our stable of WRs are capable of catching the 50 balls and 5 or so TDs Henry caught last year....

The more I hear on Brooks, and LB coach Rick Hunley's connections to Ahmad's parents, the better I feel about him...I guess it's wait and see though...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:52 pm

So basically what I'm hearing from this is that Chris Henry is on his way out after his 4 arrests this offseason. Man, big news, way to get rid of those bad apples!
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk