New radio stations in the area - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Washington Redskins

New radio stations in the area

Moderator: Football Moderators

New radio stations in the area

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:59 pm

I don't know if you guys are fed up with much of the sports crap talk on these day, i do like listening to brian mitchell and doc walker but that's about it. There's a new sheriff in town boys and it's owed by danny snyder. check it out
Here is the website.
http://www.triplexespnradio.com

Red Zebra to Launch Triple X ESPN Radio
July 17, 2006

Red Zebra Broadcasting has announced the launch of Triple X ESPN Radio, the new all-sports radio destination serving both sides of the radio dial in the Washington, D.C. area.

The three Triple X ESPN Radio stations--94.3 FM/WWXT, 92.7 FM/WWXX and 730 AM/WXTR--will trimulcast sports programming across the region. The station will officially start broadcasting on Tuesday, July 18 at 4 p.m. ET with "The John Riggins Show."

This is one of the first times a major metropolitan area will have all-sports, all-the-time programming on the clearer, FM side of the dial.

Triple X ESPN Radio will be the official broadcast home of the Washington Redskins and the exclusive carrier of ESPN Radio in the Washington, D.C. area. Triple X ESPN Radio will provide unmatched access to the Redskins, the best local news and talent Washington has to offer, combined with the top-tier national sports news and personalities of ESPN Radio.

NFL Hall of Fame running back John Riggins will host his own new afternoon drive-time show, which will kick off the new sports lineup. Unfiltered, off-the-cuff, and a little bit off-the-wall, The John Riggins Show will provide Washington, D.C. sports fans with Riggo's one-of-a-kind insights and opinions.

"I'm not bored, I'm not broke, but I'm definitely back--again," Riggins said. "I've been known to speak my mind on occasion. And now, I'll have a forum every afternoon with Triple X ESPN Radio, so loosen up Washington!"

"I want to welcome Riggo, our friends at ESPN, and most importantly, Washington, D.C. sports fans to Triple X ESPN Radio," said Bennett Zier, CEO of Red Zebra Broadcasting. "John's controversial reputation and unpredictable behavior will make for an explosive three hours each work day. Riggo is the perfect sports personality to introduce Triple X ESPN Radio to Washington, D.C., because his controversial, outspoken, and outrageous attitude is what Triple X ESPN Radio is all about. Riggo promises to be unfiltered, off-the-cuff and maybe off-the-wall--you can't miss a show because you don't know WHAT he's going to say on the air."

"The John Riggins Show" will air Monday through Friday from 4-7 p.m.

Riggins was inducted into the Pro Football hall of Fame in 1992. He has hosted a popular sports show on Sirius Satellite Radio and was color commentator for Westwood One Radio's Sunday night football broadcasts.

Known for his bruising running game, as well as his colorful personality, Riggins played for the Redskins from 1976 to 1985 and was named MVP of Superbowl XVII.

For more information on the program lineup, please visit http://www.triplexespnradio.com.

"ESPN Radio is proud to join Red Zebra Broadcasting in the Washington market. This is a team that knows sports broadcasting and knows this market. It couldn't be a better match," said TJ Lambert of ESPN Radio.

Said Zier: "We think of Triple X as standing for our three stations and for extra excitement. We will carry extra Redskins programming, extra contests and giveaways, extra sports coverage and fun. We will bring everything to the sports fans of Washington, from the Xs and Os to Xtreme coverage and Xcitement This is the first time any three radio stations will trimulcast, or broadcast the same sports programming, including two noise-free FM frequencies."

Triple X ESPN Radio will be available on both sides of the radio dial and also via LIVE streaming over the Web. To locate the right Triple X Sports radio station, sports fans can call 301-562-5800, tell us where you are and we'll tell you where to listen.

Starting August 1, sports fans can log onto http://www.triplexespnradio.com and use the "Signal Starter" tool to determine the best starting signal, as well as the backup and benchwarmers.

"Set your radio presets, and you'll always be tuned in," said Zier.

Added Zier: "Triple X ESPN Radio will be broadcasting from all around the D.C. area--from our downtown studio to Redskins Park and FedExField, from inside Coach Gibbs' office to outside Redskins stores around the region. And with our unmatched coverage of the Washington Redskins, ESPN Radio and John Riggins in our all-star lineup, Triple X ESPN Radio promises to bring you the full sports-talk destination of choice for all sports fans."

Red Zebra Broadcasting is a new broadcasting venture formed by Washington Redskins owner Daniel M. Snyder and headed by Zier. Under Zier's leadership, Red Zebra Broadcasting will be the broadcast home of the Redskins, managing the broadcast rights to the Redskins, starting with the 2006 season.

Red Zebra Broadcasting will identify, purchase and run broadcast properties, including radio, television and the Internet. Red Zebra Broadcasting aims to build a network locally in its hometown market of Washington, D.C., and then expand regionally and nationally.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:19 pm

Wow this is awesome thanks dude. I heard about it a while ago but didn't know it was launching so soon! ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby terpfan » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:54 pm

Luckily I think im right on the edge of the signal for the AM version. :-°
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SkinSFan22 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:55 pm

Too bad I live in new york :-t
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:21 am

i heard the some of the john riggins show on my home yesterday. it was good he had joe gibbs and gov of maryland, and someone else I missed. riggo is the man.
;-D ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Washington Redskins