Andre Johnson - Why so low? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Andre Johnson - Why so low?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby inferno19 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:12 pm

BGbootha wrote:
biju wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Carr hasn't done much but if the Winston, Spencer, and Flanagan additions can give him some time then AJ could have a big year.

I would rank him as an OK #2 WR with #1 potential but he would be better targetted as at #3.

He is a top 5-7 talent in the NFL at WR.

Somewhere an old lady is yelling "Bingo!" just for this post.

I love the caption. "An elderly woman yesterday".
1335 rushing yards, 53 receptions, 441 receiving yards. 18 TDs.
Money in the bank.
inferno19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FanFootHeadBusta » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:53 pm

In response to what johnpax had to say...

Andre Johnson is a top talent at WR in the National Football League, he's not "o-v-e-r-a-t-e-d." There's a reason why so many people expect him to produce big numbers...because he is only a decent O-Line away from becoming one of the most dangerous receivers in the game.
To say that Lelie is a better deep threat than Andre Johnson is pure ignorance. The Denver offensive line is arguably one of the best in the game. Did you consider the fact that David Carr never has enough time to wait for Andre's deep-routes to develop, thus eliminating possibilities for Johsnon to make deep catches? Do you know the former O.C. of Denver, Gary Kubiak, is now Houston's H.C., which definitely won't hurt. By the way, his 489 yards after the catch were 2nd best among NFL receivers. And despite playing on a run-first offense, he ranked among the league leaders in receptions over 25 yards with 13.
I agree with you that every year he's been projected to be a fantasy stud and it never quite panned out. And, yes, he has been selected too high in fantasy drafts for the last 2 years, but, honestly dude, the guy is the real deal.
You're skeptical of him and that's cool because everyone has their own opinion, but your post was clearly written as if someone who'd buy into A.J. this year is an idiot and that's just not the case.
FanFootHeadBusta
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Billsbacker » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:11 am

I am surprised that no one mentioned the D. Davis situation here.....if DD can't play, defenses will be teeing off on Carr and covering Johnson like a blanket. And since DD's health is looking iffier each week, I'd steer clear of Johnson unless he falls out of the top twenty....
Billsbacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Andre Johnson - Why so low?

Postby elblake3 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:19 am

maddog60 wrote:
ampant wrote:
maddog60 wrote:S Moss, Walker, Roy Williams, Burress, maybe Driver go before him

I would take Plax, Williams and Driver before AJ every day, all day. Walker's got the injury risk, crappy QB on a run 1st team, Rod Smith is the man in DEN question marks. S Moss is fast, but on a run 1st team with a wheelchair QB.

The maybe was only meant for Driver. The other guys, whether they deserve to or not are going to go before AJ in just about every draft. I said maybe with Driver because in a dynasty he'll likely get passed up for AJ.

When is Jake Plummer a crappy QB?!
2004: 4100 yds 28 TD
2005: 3400 yds 18 TD( it lowered but that isnt crappy)
elblake3
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk