Live draft using a desktop application? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Live draft using a desktop application?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Live draft using a desktop application?

Postby mlavwilson » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:47 pm

I am the development lead of a fantasy football website. We have had a few people ask for the ability to have live drafting support in our product. Currently this product is designed to assist one person before and during the draft. However I can see the usefulness of having the ability to execute a collaborated draft over a long period of time.

This is outside the scope of the current program; however I think it would be a unique and useful feature. I would like to get a feel to help me decide if this functionality would get enough use to warrant the large amount of development that it would require. How many people would be interested in running their drafts in this way?

I was wondering if there is anyway to make it so you could conduct a live draft thru this program. Like I said before I am running a slow draft, mostly because the online drafts out there can't cope with what I need them to do. I am the commissioner of a 12 team league, but all of my owners are scattered across the country and have very different schedules.

Slow drafting thru conventional means (ie telephone/email) can take a long time. Is there any way that you could make so that each owner could download this program, and we could all use it collaboratively. Is in, each person would be able to make their picks on their own time, but they would be connected to everyone else, so as soon as their pick is made everyone would be updated. Is this possible?

If not, this is still the best drafting program I have seen, and if it was just an exported html document, with the draft info on it, it would still be better than how I am doing it now...
mlavwilson
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk