HOLDOUTs : At what cost? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

HOLDOUTs : At what cost?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mysticphysh » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:52 pm

I dont have a problem with players holding out as long as the can perform. Vets can hold out all they want until the season starts. For a lot of vets, they only hold out because they dont want to go to camp, and as long as they can get on the field and do their job, oh well.

Rookies holding out for a long time does bug me. They're supposed to be learning new offensive or defensive schemes and getting used to the pace of the game. Rookies who hold out into training camp and miss preseason games, that's just hurting them in the long run, as well as the team.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Philly Pride » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:24 pm

mysticphysh wrote:I dont have a problem with players holding out as long as the can perform. Vets can hold out all they want until the season starts. For a lot of vets, they only hold out because they dont want to go to camp, and as long as they can get on the field and do their job, oh well.

Rookies holding out for a long time does bug me. They're supposed to be learning new offensive or defensive schemes and getting used to the pace of the game. Rookies who hold out into training camp and miss preseason games, that's just hurting them in the long run, as well as the team.

This is why players that are expected to start the next season, or play a crucial position like QB, really can't hold out or they will have a crappy season.
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Football Talk