sleepers and busts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

sleepers and busts

Moderator: Football Moderators

sleepers and busts

Postby vickfan07 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:21 pm

to this point and time who are veryones sleepers and busts for the qb rb and wr position
vickfan07
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:19 pm

QB bust= Donovan McNabb, Tom Brady
RB bust= Edgerrin James
WR bust= Steve Smith

and theres a ton of threads around here with sleepers like this one ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Juke » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:28 am

Footballdocs.com posted their busts:

http://www.footballdocs.com/2006_fantasy_busts.html

I agree with the players listed. The Edge is going to screw people over this year. I would also add Kevin Jones. He is turning out to be the new Fred Taylor with injuries. Always seems to show up in great shape... and always seems to go back to sideline from an injury. Also, I think Dillon is way undervalued this year. His o-line is back and healthy for a change. ;-D
Juke
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby elblake3 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:33 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:QB bust= Donovan McNabb, Tom Brady
RB bust= Edgerrin James
WR bust= Steve Smith

WoW 8-o
elblake3
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BGbootha » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:42 am

I should be charging for this information.....but

Sleepers
QB - Byron Leftwich - take a look at his second half numbers, plus with Matt Jones coming around and becoming a receiver, could put up great numbers for a guy you can pick up in the 16th round.

RB - D'Angelo Williams - Foster has never stayed healthy, this guy is going to get his shot.

RB - Fred Taylor - going wicked late in drafts and could easily produce for his value on draft day.

WR - Joe Jurevicious - Winslow and Edwards have some injury question marks and if there is one thing Joe is, its consistant. I could easily see Frye falling for the sure hands of Joe like Hass did last year.

WR - Matt Jones - Someone has to step up to be the number one in Jacksonville.

TE - Zach Hilton - This guy could be a monster!

K - Who cares they are all the same at this point. Get lucky and pick up this years Rackers.

DEF - Seattle Seahawks

Busts
QB - Daunte Culpepper - Going way early in many drafts for all the questions that surround him in MIA. not worth the draft day risks when you can pick up others around the same time.

RB - Reggie Bush - I can't believe people are picking him up in the 5th round of redraft leagues. This is just insane. They already said he is ging to get 10-15 touches a game!!!!! And some of those are going to come on special teams people!!! WOW.

WR - Marvin Harrison - Won't be the #1 in IND this year. Here comes Wayne baby!

TE - Antonio Gates - Thats right Antonio gates - new Quarterback, No WR help means stacking the box and double teaming gates.

K - Neil Rackers. With Edge coming in the Cardinals are going to be much more effeicient in the red zone meaning less field goals and more extra points for Neil.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:16 pm

Juke wrote:I would also add Kevin Jones. He is turning out to be the new Fred Taylor with injuries.

You're about a year too late. He busted last year...so his draft position is now probably in line with his real value. He was a late 1st round, early 2nd round pick last year.

Now, he's about the 17th to 20th RB in most rankings I've seen. That's not bust territory.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:48 pm

Javon Walker - WR Bust
Rod Smith - WR sleeper... flying low under everyone's radar

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:07 pm

elblake3 wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:QB bust= Donovan McNabb, Tom Brady
RB bust= Edgerrin James
WR bust= Steve Smith

WoW 8-o

Wow what?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby biju » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:35 pm

Juke wrote:Footballdocs.com posted their busts:

http://www.footballdocs.com/2006_fantasy_busts.html

I agree with the players listed. The Edge is going to screw people over this year. I would also add Kevin Jones. He is turning out to be the new Fred Taylor with injuries. Always seems to show up in great shape... and always seems to go back to sideline from an injury. Also, I think Dillon is way undervalued this year. His o-line is back and healthy for a change. ;-D

I just read that article and while I think they make a great case for Edge, I can't really say the same for the others listed.

I can really give or take the Fred Taylor point even though nothing has convinced me that Dominic Rhodes is going to see anything other than a RBBC.

I truly oppose the Koren Robinson pick for a bust. If anything I really think he could be a top 20 WR next year.

Burleson I can give or take. I personally think he's a good #2 for Seattle but I wouldn't rely on him for anything but a #4 WR. At the ADP they suggest he's going at (81) that puts him as a 9th round selection. That means I've picked 4 RBs, 1 QB, and 3 WRs before my 9th round selection (could go TE in the first 8 rounds if the right person fell to me but the class is deep this year and I plan on waiting).

Thus, he's a #4 WR.

On top of that Koren Robinson's ADP of 94 tells me I could get a #1 WR in the 10th round. Maybe their definition of sleeper varies from mine, but with my 10th round picks I tend to grab guys I don't expect to do too much but could have an impact either with my team or in trade value. I guess a 10th round pick is already "bust" material for me and I'm hoping to hit a sleeper.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Juke » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:31 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Juke wrote:I would also add Kevin Jones. He is turning out to be the new Fred Taylor with injuries.

You're about a year too late. He busted last year...so his draft position is now probably in line with his real value. He was a late 1st round, early 2nd round pick last year.

Now, he's about the 17th to 20th RB in most rankings I've seen. That's not bust territory.

BrutallyHuge -- I wish that were the case. ADV at http://www.antsports.com for 10 team league averaging only "serious" mock drafts from June 29 - July 20 have Kevin Jones as the 24th pick overall... he is climbing each day. I drafted the guy last year with the 8th overall pick... long season to say the least.

Biju -- always good to hear from a Seattle homer. I was on the fence with Burleson as a flyer, but after hearing your comments, I will probably stay away. As for Robinson, I just don't see much upside with him, but maybe Brad Johnson will prove me wrong. I'll take my chances on another flyer... maybe a JAX WR still hanging around (Wilcox or Williams -- Jones should be long gone).
Juke
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk