ncaa 07, whos played it? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

ncaa 07, whos played it?

Moderator: Football Moderators

ncaa 07, whos played it?

Postby steelerfan04 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:09 pm

I haven't played it yet and was wondering how it is compared to last years version. My friend told me not much has changed. What does everyone else think? What are some of the new features and is it worth buying?
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:19 pm

I should be getting mine in the mail in a day or two. Hopefully Im not dissapointed. I just need some football to keep my busy for another few weeks. :-/
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby thatonepoorkid » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:19 am

i bought it last night there arnt really any differances that i could point out. Race to the hiseman has been replaced with campus ledgend. There are some new drills. obviously player updates. Not much new. The major new thing this year is the momentum bar. Im yet to see it impact the game any but who knows. Unless you want an updated rostor, or your just an NCAA fan i would say to rent it before you buy it because 2006 may hold you over until madden. Ofcourse it has a must see for every Buckeye fan. Thats right OSU is ranked number 1!
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:57 am

I would say there are definite differences, though maybe it's because I'm playing the 360 version. The gameplay is MUCH more similar to Madden than it was in the past.

I like the general changes...changing the view and gameplay to make it more similar to Madden is a plus, and making the pass defense more reallistic is a plus (it does make it a bit easier which is bad, but at least we don't have linebackers hearing you click the button on your controller and turning and running upfield, seeing the ball through the eyes in the back of their helmet and jumping 12 feet in the air while rotating their arm 360 degrees to swat down a ball that was intended for a guy 25 yards further downfield than him).

However, ONCE AGAIN with this series there are just some mind numbing, head scratching things that make you wonder if they actually have people test these games and if they do, how they're not all fired by now.

The big one is the way they show different camera shots in between plays instead of showing the players walk up to the line and line up. We know you guys want to show off all the work you put into the stadiums but it got boring seeing the camera pan all around the stadium inbetween plays after about the 3rd time. This isn't really a problem in one player games because you can press A to skip it, but online only the offensive team can press A. So we already have serious abuse of it online as following. Offensive team picks play, camera pans around stadium, to close-ups of players, etc. In the meantime the defense cannot make any adjustments at the LoS, no coverage audibles, no audibles, no line shifts, nothing. Then, offensive player presses A and magically we're taken to a view of everybody lined up (we still haven't seen their formation until just now) and is able to snap it within one second of doing this. It was so blatantly obvious that this was going to be abused it just makes me scratch my head how they could be so idiotic as to overlook it.

Next up (and this may just be me being too lazy to read the instruction booklet)....WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HOT ROUTES PEOPLE???

Also, they jacked the "practice" mode from Madden but did a horridly half-assed job with it. Seriously, how long would it have taken a program to add the random play selection feature to it? A few hours in the span of a game that's been in development well over a year? Get your heads out of your @$$es quality assurance people.

Other than that, it's pretty good. Mini-games are fun, but you can't play them on line. Why....the....hell....not?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby thatonepoorkid » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:44 pm

been playing online and it is almost impossiable to stop a hail mary when its thrown to an impact WR. only one play works that i can find but it leaves you wide open to a run ne tips? or is this EA proudly showing off another flop that they call the number one selling NCAA football game
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby PACKman1144 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:38 pm

I like it alot. I've played the demo of the 360 one, I didn't like it. It was too different. I have it for xbox and like the little tweaks in the game.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Tiki » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:36 am

On wisconsin there is a friend of mine on the team. He is a CB I don't know his number or anything, but I think just think it's tight he's in it!! ;-D

Edit-RB to CB...Don;t know what I was thinking that night!
Last edited by Tiki on Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:09 pm

thatonepoorkid wrote:been playing online and it is almost impossiable to stop a hail mary when its thrown to an impact WR. only one play works that i can find but it leaves you wide open to a run ne tips? or is this EA proudly showing off another flop that they call the number one selling NCAA football game
Same exact thing happens to me. Other than that it's a great game.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby washamur » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:32 pm

Been playing the 360 version since I got back .. and loving it.

I hardly ever play the sports titles online, mainly because they get over-ran w/ cheesers.

But w/ the adjusting to the sliders, and getting Fairdale Kings roster file ... this game is great.

Mostly every year, I play it until Madden comes out -- then trade it in towards the game ... I think this year, I will own both Madden and NCAA -- just too much fun to be had. ;)
QB-BigBen Delhomme Edwards Quinn
RB-LJ Gore DMAC CJohnson Slaton
WR-Driver Chambers Bowe Brown
TE-Gates
K-Prater
5-IDP's
washamur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Graphics Expert

Postby terpfan » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:31 pm

washamur wrote:Been playing the 360 version since I got back .. and loving it.

I hardly ever play the sports titles online, mainly because they get over-ran w/ cheesers.

But w/ the adjusting to the sliders, and getting Fairdale Kings roster file ... this game is great.

Mostly every year, I play it until Madden comes out -- then trade it in towards the game ... I think this year, I will own both Madden and NCAA -- just too much fun to be had. ;)

I'm trying to find some good sliders. You got any advice? AA is way too easy, but Heisman is too frustrating. What are you using?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Video Games